Veteran 10-year-old Ihtsahymn entered the...
This Saturday March 19 Rosehill Racecourse will launch their Golden Slipper Stakes Carnival with a bumper day of racing for Coolmore Classic Day 2011 and below the Races.com.au team have the best form guide and betting preview for the day’s feature race, the $600,000 Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1500m).
The 2011 Coolmore Classic is set to run as Rosehill Race 7 this Saturday, jump time scheduled for 4:10pm (AEDST), and 17 top female horses have been accepted into the final field.
Current favourite in the Coolmore Classic betting at Luxbet is Mick Price’s ultra consistent mare Aloha at a price of $5 to become the Coolmore Classic winner in 2011.
Boasting an excellent career record of seven wins from 16 starts, Encosta De Lago four-year-old Aloha is coming off a last-start victory in the Group 3 PFD Stakes (1400m) at Flemington on March 5 and will advantage from the big drop back in weights from the 56.5kg she carried then to the 53kg she is allocated for the Coolmore on Saturday.
However it is a smart field of rivals Aloha faces in the Coolmore Classic this year with other top runners including the Gai Waterhouse-trained More Strawberries, dual Group 1 winner Melito and in-form hopefuls also coming off a win such as Graceful Anna and Jersey Lily.
That’s why we have sourced and studied the most comprehensive 2011 Coolmore Classic field and form guides and come up with an in-depth betting analysis on the race.
Below we have listed some interesting and important facts and stats on the field for this year’s Coolmore Classic so you can accurately assess which horses are the best to back in the Rosehill Race 7 markets open at Luxbet.
Find value in a double-figure outsider or back some of the statistical stand-outs in an exotic Coolmore Classic wager like the Quinella, Exacta or Trifecta to really win big this weekend!
2011 Coolmore Classic Field & Form Guide Facts for Punters:
- #16 Warpath (#16 Luxbet) boasts the best Win Rate of the field having won 58% of her starts
- The next highest Win Rates go to #14 Miss Gai Flyer (50%), #17 Turnstiles (45%) and #7 Aloha (44%)
- Based on Place Rate percentages, the best Place Bets to back at Luxbet are #1 Melito and #8 Jersey Lily who have both finished in the money in half of their career starts
- Melito ($8 Luxbet) is also the highest earner of the Coolmore hopefuls having won over $1.7 million in prize money
- There are five last-start winners in the field with #7 Aloha, #8 Jersey Lily, #9 Montana Flyer, #14 Miss Gai Flyer and #16 Warpath
- Four-year-olds boast the best record in the Coolmore Classic with eight of the past 21 Coolmore Classic winners aged four
- There are eight four-year-olds in this year’s race with Melito, Graceful Anna, No Evidence Needed, Aloha, Lovemelikearock, Happy Hippy, Warpath and Turnstiles
- #9 Montana Flyer ($19 Luxbet) has drawn barrier 14 which is the gate Alverta won the 2010 Coolmore Classic from 12 months ago
- #6 No Evidence Needed, #10 More Strawberries and #17 Turnstiles are the only horses to have run and won at this track and distance
- Horses that have the best record over the Coolmore Classic distance of 1500m are #2 Purple (1-1-0-0), #3 Palacio De Cristal (3-1-0-1), #6 No Evidence Needed (2-1-0-0), #10 More Strawberries (1-1-0-0), #15 Happy Hippy (1-1-0-0), #16 Warpath (1-1-0-0) and #17 Turnstiles (2-1-0-1)
- Horses that are prepared by a previous Coolmore Classic winning trainer are Montana Flyer and More Strawberries (Gai Waterhouse), and Miss Gai Flyer (Peter Moody)
- Graceful Anna (Damien Oliver), Lady Lynette (Michael Rodd), Aloha (Glen Boss) and More Strawberries (Jim Cassidy) are the only horses in the field to be ridden by a Coolmore Classic winning jockey
Bookmark us here at Races.com.au to stay up to date with the latest Coolmore Classic field and odds updates as well as our exclusive betting tips to be published shortly.
Races.com.au will also provide the best Rosehill Race Day coverage on Saturday including late mail tips, field scratchings and results.
Ready to back the Coolmore Classic winner?
Head over to Luxbet and put your newfound Coolmore Classic field and form knowledge to good use by backing your favourites at the best odds.
2011 Coolmore Classic Field & Form Guide
Rosehill Race 7 – 19/03/2011
|1||MELITO||G A RYAN||J BOWMAN||11||59.5||4yo||$1,774,950.00||22:5-8-3||23%||50%||21x55x15|
|2||PURPLE||PETER SNOWDEN||K MC EVOY||13||55.5||5yo||$1,137,113.00||28:6-6-5||21%||39%||332282|
|3||PALACIO DE CRISTAL||G M BEGG||B AVDULLA||2||54.5||5yo||$444,250.00||25:5-1-2||20%||12%||06x189x5|
|4||GRACEFUL ANNA||DAVID PFIEFFER||D OLIVER||5||54||4yo||$1,018,800.00||15:6-4-2||40%||40%||40×9222|
|5||LADY LYNETTE||D & S BRUNTON||M RODD||1||54||6yo||$756,383.00||35:12-5-6||34%||31%||319×115|
|6||NO EVIDENCE NEEDED||JOHN THOMPSON||J WINKS||9||54||4yo||$536,755.00||20:5-5-2||25%||35%||2256×36|
|7||ALOHA||M G PRICE||G BOSS||10||53||4yo||$400,074.00||16:7-3-3||44%||38%||05111×1|
|8||JERSEY LILY||L J BRIDGE||TIM CLARK||6||52.5||5yo||$341,330.00||20:4-5-5||20%||50%||421×831|
|9||MONTANA FLYER||MS G WATERHOUSE||TOMMY BERRY||14||52.5||5yo||$482,025.00||25:4-4-3||16%||28%||2970×51|
|10||MORE STRAWBERRIES||MS G WATERHOUSE||J A CASSIDY||17||52||3yo||$685,450.00||11:2-3-2||18%||45%||1126×34|
|11||STRAWBERRY FIELD||G A RYAN||CRAIG WILLIAMS||15||52||5yo||$246,050.00||21:3-3-2||14%||24%||3x635x76|
|12||HIDDEN WONDER||K A LEES||D M GANDERTON||3||52||6yo||$560,522.00||48:9-8-6||19%||29%||82413×9|
|13||LOVEMELIKE AROCK||A J CUMMINGS||C W BROWN||7||52||4yo||$264,740.00||12:3-1-1||25%||17%||15x914x4|
|14||MISS GAI FLYER||P G MOODY||L NOLEN||8||52||3yo||$253,088.00||8:4-1-0||50%||12%||12x58x11|
|15||HAPPY HIPPY||JOHN THOMPSON||UNKNOWN||12||52||4yo||$258,135.00||22:3-3-4||14%||32%||0821×75|
|16||WARPATH||J A O’SHEA||C REITH||4||52||4yo||$219,480.00||12:7-0-1||58%||8%||6x411x11|
|17||TURNSTILES||A J CUMMINGS||R M QUINN||16||52||4yo||$134,485.00||11:5-1-1||45%||18%||134×112|
*Rosehill Race 7 Form Guide Credit Ladbrokes.com.au
Photo courtesy (c) Steve Hart Photographics
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.