Veteran 10-year-old Ihtsahymn entered the...
Today at 3:40pm (AEDST) the 2010 Thousand Guineas will run as Race 6 at Caulfield and here the Races.com.au team give today’s updated betting tips on the fillies feature.
The $502,000 Group 1 Schweppes Thousand Guineas (1600m) features a capacity field of 16 fillies, with the two emergencies Party Hard and Plastic Fantastic set to gain a start following the scratching of #14 Aint’nofallenstar and #15 Dizlago
Dominating the betting markets is Gai Waterhouse’s More Strawberries currently paying $3.70 at Ladbrokes.com.au.
A lot depends today on how More Strawberries handles her first Melbourne assignment, the Caulfield track notoriously tricky for first timers.
But her star stablemate More Joyous managed it with ease last Saturday in the Toorak Handicap and the punters are getting behind More Strawberries to do the same today.
Why More Strawberries Can Win the 2010 Thousand Guineas
- More Strawberries is the form filly of the season
- She beat Divorces in the Furious Stakes at Randwick in early September in her maiden win before claiming victory in the Tea Rose Stakes
- In her most recent run, More Strawberries ran a gallant second to Secret Admirer, narrowly beaten in the Flight Stakes
- She has drawn ideally in barrier three
- The Thousand Guineas will suit those fillies that have pace and can get to the front like More Strawberries
- The Caulfield track is currently rated Dead and rain is forecast, which will give More Strawberries an advantage as she has won in the wet on a heavy track the Furious Stakes at Randwick
Which Fillies Could Cause an Upset and Beat More Strawberries in the 2010 Thousand Guineas
- #3 Sistine Angel – Drawn out wide but a fast finisher in excellent form. Ran a close second to Divorces in the Thousand Guineas Prelude before beating a quality field last start in the Edward Manifold from a horror barrier 15, coming from near last to win carrying the same 55.5kg as she will today. Has the pace to run down leaders in concluding stages and is a local filly with experience at the track. $5.50 Ladbrokes.com.au
- #6 Divorces – Drawn midfield in barrier seven but abandoned by the punters after finishing 11th in Edward Manifold last start. Worth another chance as last run was unlucky. She ran second to More Strawberries in the Furious by just a short-head and has won over 1400m at Caulfield in the Thousand Prelude. $9.00 Ladbrokes.com.au
- #Brazilian Pulse – Out wide in barrier 12 but coming off some impressive form. Finished second in the Edward Manifold, catching the attention of punters. Has had lots of money come in for her over the past 24 hours shortening into equal second favourite. $5.50 Ladbrokes.com.au
To take advantage of our Thousand Guineas betting tips at the best prices in Australia, head over to Ladbrokes.com.au now and sign up with the online bookie where punters win more!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.