Veteran 10-year-old Ihtsahymn entered the...
At 5:00pm (NSW time) this afternoon a quality field of gallopers will face off in the Newcastle Newmarket Handicap 2012, the form guide analysis and exclusive Races.com.au tips for which can be found below.
Running as Newcastle Race 7, the $125,000 Group 3 Newcastle Newmarket Handicap (1400m) field is down to 13 following the withdrawal of one-time favourite #4 Fast Clip.
Newcastle Newmarket Handicap odds at our preferred online bookmaker bookmaker.com.au are now lead by Roger James’ New Zealand raider He’s Remarkable at $3.80.
So can the Kiwi win first-up and atone for their loss upon protest in the Group 1 Railway Stakes in Ascot last time out?
There is evidence by for and against the favourite and they certainly come up against some talented rivals this afternoon.
Other single-figure chances in the Newcastle Newmarket Handicap markets include four-year-old Victorian Under The Eiffel ($4.90), last-start Rosehill winner Star Of Octagonal ($8.50) and Peter Snowden’s resuming mare Shannara ($9).
With so many livewire chances the Races.com.au have done the Newcastle Newmarket Handicap form for our readers and studied the betting history on the race to come up with the below need-to-know facts and stats before you place your bets.
2012 Newcastle Newmarket Handicap Form Facts & Betting Stats
- It is one of the roughies of the field #14 Southern Shimmer ($41 bookmaker.com.au) that boasts the highest Win Rate of the field with 42.11% followed by #8 Under The Eiffel with 40%
- A longer-priced hopeful in #3 Straight Albert ($17 bookmaker.com.au) also boasts the highest Place Percentage with 72.22%
- Short-priced favourites have a poor record in the race, Danzippo (2007) the only recent one to salute making #2 He’s Remarkable ($3.80 bookmaker.com.au) a risky bet historically speaking
- A last-start win is not really an advantage in the race with few Newcastle Newmarket Handicap victors having come off a success so take #10 Star Of Octagonal ($8.50 bookmaker.com.au) on with caution
- Mares have a dismal record in the race, only Techinques (1999) winning for the females since 1991 making the task of #6 Shannara ($9 bookmaker.com.au) a tough one
- Barrier-wise gates 1 – 4 are advantageous with five of the past 10 winners jumping from one of these inside draws; horses drawn on the inside this afternoon are #12 Alma’s Fury (1), #14 Southern Shimmer (2), #7 Mirjulisa Lass (3) and #2 He’s Remarkable (5 into 4)
- Four-year-olds have the best recent recording winning five Newcastle Newmarket Handicaps in the past 10 years
- Geldings have also won seven of the past 10 editions
- Combining the age and sex statistics four-year-olds geldings are the best to back and this year they are #3 Straight Albert ($17 bookmaker.com.au), #8 Under The Eiffel ($4.20 bookmaker.com.au), #12 Alma’s Fury ($14 bookmaker.com.au), #13 Adroitly ($51 bookmaker.com.au) and #14 Southern Shimmer ($41 bookmaker.com.au)
2012 Newcastle Newmarket Handicap Tips
- #8 Under The Eiffel from #2 He’s Remarkable and #3 Straight Albert – Bet now at bookmaker.com.au
Based on the above and having also studied the weights, track and distance records, and speed map for the race the Races.com.au team are tipping #8 Under The Eiffel to win this afternoon.
Tony Vasil’s Mossman four-year-old is the right age and while they are drawn wide (nine) they have the ability to overcome.
They will be settled just off the speed and the distance is ideal as his flawless second-up record.
To back our selections or your own at the best odds, head straight to the country’s favourite online bookie bookmaker.com.au!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.