Veteran 10-year-old Ihtsahymn entered the...
Tomorrow punters are treated to a bumper nine-race card at Ascot Racecourse for the opening Festival of Perth Racing meeting, Railway Stakes Day.
There are four black-type features highlighting the Ascot programme for Saturday November 20, the marquee race of the day running as Race 7 when the $1 million Group 1 Railway Stakes (1600m) lights up the track.
Other stakes showdowns not to miss that will have massive betting pools are Races 5, 7 and 8 on the card, three Listed races.
To help you win big at Ascot on Saturday, below the Races.com.au team has compiled our exclusive Ascot Railway Stakes Day tips complete with the horse to back to win and the best runners to add into your exotic betting selections at Luxbet.
Ascot Race 1 – Carlton Dry Handicap Tips
- Races.com.au Favourite: #6 Ranger – Rated Special to Win at $1.60 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #4 Big Ted and #7 Danataine
Ranger is one of the emergencies for the Railway Stakes showing the class of this Grant Williams-trained four-year-old. Coming off brilliant form where they won their maiden race on October 31 before placing a gallant second behind God Has Spoken in the Group 3 R.J. Peter Stakes (1500m) last start.
Ascot Race 2 – Carlton Mid Handicap Tips
- Races.com.au Favourite: #12 Smokin Dragon – Rated Special to Win at $4.40 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #1 Carnegie House and #10 Pin Rouge
Smokin Dragon is great value over favourite Pin Rouge, the local five-year-old Danetime gelding having shown great form with 57kg on their back when second over 1200m here on November 2. Drop back to 53kg tomorrow making them a real upset chance.
Ascot Race 3 – Crown Lager Handicap Tips
- Races.com.au Favourite: #5 The Corporation – Rated Special to win at $3.60 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #6 Dempsey and #2 Changing Lanes
The Corporation has been heavily backed in from $4.40 to $3.60 and if you follow the money you could be on the right track as this four-year-old has shown great potential and with a drop back in weight and good draw a little off the rails can win.
Ascot Race 4 – Winning Edge Presentations Trophy Tips
- Races.com.au Favourite: #2 Cavallo Pazzo – Rated Special to Win at $5 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #4 Charmoss and #5 Miss Tipsy Topsy
Ted Martinovich’s well-bred Not A Single Doubt gelding Cavallo Pazzo is one of the top fancies in this wide-open field and has the right form for this. Seeking their maiden win at their eighth start, this is their time, coming off an eye-catching sixth in the WA Guineas.
Ascot Race 5 – Carbine Club of WA Stakes Tips
- Races.com.au Favourite: #2 Mekong Miss – Rated Special to win at $4.80 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #5 Mabel Grace and #1 Elliotto
Mabel Grace is the hot favourite, but Mekong Miss can cause an upset at great odds. Was scratched from the Railway Stakes field to line up in this and with an ideal barrier two draw and plenty of experience in Group races has the class to rise and win here.
Ascot Race 6 – Tattersall’s Cup Tips
- Races.com.au Favourite: #3 Street Value – Rated Special to Win at $3.50 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #11 Rivotio and #5 Brandy Lane
Street Value is the narrow favourite after a wider barrier nine draw, but expect odds to shorten for Michael Grant’s Street Cry mare who is seeking a hat-trick of Ascot wins after successive victories over 2100m and 2200m here in the past month.
Ascot Race 7 – Railway Stakes Tips
- Races.com.au Favourite: #3 Triple Honour – Rated Special to Win at $18 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #4 Trusting and #9 Colour Correct
The Races.com.au team are tipping a massive upset in the 2010 Railway Stakes with Chris Waller’s top Sydney galloper Triple Honour our favourite to win at a juicy price.
Has to break a weight carrying record to win here but has held up with similar weight in Group features before. Barrier also isn’t a problem, better a little wider on the tricky track to avoid trouble.
Trusting to make it an eastern raiders Quinella, and the favourite Colour Correct to finish off the top three.
Watch tomorrow for more detailed Railway Stakes tips!
Ascot Race 8 – Placid Ark Stakes Tips
- Races.com.au Favourite: #7 Absolute Pleasure – Rated Special to Win at $5.50 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #1 Black Felix and #5 Even Astar
Another wide-open betting market with a number of genuine chances, but Absolute Pleasure is hard to go past with a good draw and last start win here. This is a classy filly who has only finished out of the money in one of her starts to date, and dropping back from 57.5kg that she won with last start to just 54.5kg makes her the winner.
Favourite Black Felix will be right up there, coming off back-to-back wins here and also drawn well the consistent Blackfriars gelding has a little more weight but has beaten Absolute Pleasure before, nail-bitter!
Ascot Race 9 – Pure Blonde Handicap Tips
- Races.com.au Favourite: #3 Lead Rope – Rated Special to Win at $5.50 Luxbet
- Best Place Bets: #6 School Rumble and #12 Redhage
Lead Rope is in career best for at five, finally starting to rack up some wins and can continue here.
Remember, whether you fancy the favourite Colour Correct to win the Railway Stakes, want to back a roughie in one of the other eight races at Ascot on Saturday or fancy taking advantage of our tips, the best place to go for top odds is Luxbet!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.