$4.20 is on offer about the mighty mare winning by more than four lengths, while $3.80 is on offer about any other horse in the race bringing an end to Black Caviar’s unbeaten run.
For those who want to back another horse but think they can’t overcome the superstar, Ladbrokes.com.au has opened a market with Black Caviar out. In this market, Hay List and Star Witness head the betting at $3.80 each.
“There has been a little bit of support for Star Witness but the overwhelming majority of money has not surprisingly been on Black Caviar,” said Ladbrokes.com.au’s Haydn Lane.
Ladbrokes.com.au is offering money-back specials on every group race in Australia until the Sydney Cup – over 100 races in total. Simply back any horse and get your money back if it runs second to the SP favourite.
Ladbrokes.com.au is also paying best-tote exotics (quinella, exacta, trifecta and first four) on every group race in Australia until the Sydney Cup. For full details, please visit sportsbet.com.au.
Market courtesy of Ladbrokes.com.au
2011 Newmarket Handicap – Black Caviar’s winning margin
- $3.80 Black Caviar does not win
- $4.20 Wins by 4 lengths or more
- $4.40 Wins by 3.0 to 3.9 lengths
- $4.60 Wins by 2.0 to 2.9 lengths
- $4.60 Wins by less than 2.0 lengths (including dead heat)
2011 Newmarket Handicap – Winner without Black Caviar
- $3.80 Hay List, Star Witness
- $6.50 Beaded
- $7.50 Response, Hinchinbrook
- $11 Eagle Falls
- $15 Chasm, Crystal Lily
- $21 Grand Duels
- $41 King Pulse
- $101 Snapparazi
2011 Newmarket Handicap
- $1.28 Black Caviar (out from $1.25)
- $19 Star Witness (in from $26)
- $23 Hay List (steady)
- $31 Beaded (in from $41)
- $41 Hinchinbrook (in from $51)
- $51 Eagle Falls (steady), Response (out from $31)
- $101 Crystal Lily (steady)
- $121 Chasm (steady)
- $151 Grand Duels (out from $121)
- $201 King Pulse (out from $151)
- $501 Snapparazi (in from $601)
Photo courtesy (c) Taron Clarke Photography