The airborne Kelly Schweida-trained...
The 2017 All Aged Stakes steals the show at Randwick Racecourse this Easter long weekend in Sydney, a full form guide analysis and betting preview on the weight-for-age Group 1 found below.
A final field of ten gallopers is engaged for this season’s $600,000 Group 1 Schweppes All Aged Stakes (1400m) including two gallopers now battling for favouritism in the markets.
Current top elect in All Aged Stakes betting at Ladbrokes.com.au at $3.70 is the Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott-trained defending champion English.
The now four-year-old mare won as a filly last Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival and returns to defend her title having passed a vet check on Thursday for a minor leg laceration.
She comes off a second to Chautauqua in the Group 1 TJ Smith Stakes (1200m), the same race she ran third in before her All Aged Stakes success last year, and looks on track for a big show.
Her main danger is the Kris Lees-trained Le Romain ($3.80) who is second favourite in the All Aged Stakes odds to atone for his last start failure in the Doncaster Mile a fortnight back.
That’s the story told by the bookies, but what about the All Aged Stakes 2017 form guide, betting history and statistics?
2017 All Aged Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s All Aged Stakes winner was the Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott-trained filly English (2016) who came off a TJ Smith Stakes third and was ridden to victory from barrier 7 (of 8) by Sam Clipperton as a $6 shot in betting
- Gai Waterhouse (22-5-2-3) returns chasing successive All Aged Stakes wins by a trainer for the first time since John Wheeler (1992-93) with the defending champ #9 English ($3.70)
- #9 English is out to go back-to-back in the race for the first time since the Wheeler-trained Rough Habit (1992-93)
- The other dual All Aged Stakes winner since was the mare Sunline who won on non-successive years (2000 and 2002)
- The other previous All Aged Stakes winning trainers with a runner on the weekend are: David Hayes (3-1-1-0) with #2 Redkirk Warrior ($9); Chris Waller (12-1-1-1) with #3 Japonisme ($31) and #5 McCreery ($9.50); and John Hawkes (16-2-2-6) with #10 Divine Prophet ($12)
- The previous All Aged Stakes winning jockeys with a ride on Saturday are: Hugh Bowman (11-1-0-2) on #1 Le Romain ($3.80) and Damien Oliver (11-2-1-2) on #8 Tivaci ($8.50)
- The TJ Smith Stakes has produced five of the past 12 All Aged Stakes winners including English (2nd in 2016) last year
- The TJ Smith Stakes graduates in the mix this year are: English (2nd), Tivaci (4th), Voodoo Lad (5th) and Japonisme (11th)
- Since 2004 just one of the 13 All Aged Stakes winners finished worse than third in their lead-up run when Hana’s Goal improved on a Doncaster Mile 6th in 2014
- The top three runners last time out in the mix this year are: #7 Jungle Edge (1st, Group 3 Star Kingdom Stakes, 1200m, Rosehill, 25/03/2017) and #9 English (2nd, Group 1 TJ Smith Stakes, 1200m, Randwick, 01/04/2017)
- Five favourites in All Aged Stakes betting have saluted for the punters in the past decade with All Too Hard ($2.75 in 2013) the most recent
- #9 English ($3.70) and #1 Le Romain ($3.80) are battling for top spot in the All Aged Stakes odds in 2017
- Fillies and mares have won four of the past seven editions of the race; #9 English is the sole mare in the All Aged Stakes field this year
- Three-year-olds have won three of the past five editions of the race; #10 Divine Prophet is the only three-year-old runner in 2017
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #2 Redkirk Warrior (45%) and #4 Voodoo Lad (45%)
- The best Place Rate of the field belongs to #4 Voodoo Lad (90%) followed by #1 Le Romain (82%)
- The previous winners at the Randwick track are: #1 Le Romain (9-4-3-0), #9 English (9-4-1-1), #6 Famous Seamous (17-3-0-3), #3 Japonisme (6-1-0-1), #5 McCreery (3-1-0-0) and #10 Divine Prophet (3-1-0-1)
- The horses with the best form over the distance (1400m) are: #4 Voodoo Lad (4-2-1-0), #5 McCreery (4-1-1-1), #7 Jungle Edge (4-1-0-1) and #8 Tivaci (5-1-1-0)
- #1 Le Romain (3-0-3-0) is yet to win over 1400m but has run second in all three starts over the All Aged Stakes distance
- With a wet-track likely on Saturday the horses with the best Heavy track records are: #1 Le Romain (5-2-2-0), #7 Jungle Edge (7-4-0-1), #4 Voodoo Lad (3-1-0-1) and #9 English (3-1-1-0)
Stay tuned for our insider All Aged Stakes 2017 betting tips to be published shortly, checking out the full race form guide below in the meantime provided by Ladbrokes.com.au.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2021 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.