The 2017 Golden Slipper Final Field is officially released on the Tuesday before Golden Slipper Day – March 14, 2017.
It is a long process to whittle down the two-year-olds that will run in the Golden Slipper field and the first entries are taken in July of the year before.
2017 Golden Slipper Stakes Field & Barrier Draw
Read more on the full Golden Slipper Stakes 2017 field & barriers led by the widely-drawn favourite Houtzen by following the link.
|1||122||PARIAH||Peter & Paul Snowden||Blake Shinn||4||56.5kg|
|2||1×123||VERANILLO||John O’Shea||Brenton Avdulla||11||56.5kg|
|3||141||TRAPEZE ARTIST||Gerald Ryan||Tim Clark||5||56.5kg|
|4||2231||SINGLE BULLET||Gary Portelli||Tye Angland||3||56.5kg|
|5||2×1||DIAMOND TATHAGATA||Mark Newnham||Glyn Schofield||7||56.5kg|
|6||1×2||TREKKING||John O’Shea||William Buick||18||56.5kg|
|7||4×2512||INVADER||Peter & Paul Snowden||Hugh Bowman||15||56.5kg|
|8||125||MENARI||Gerald Ryan||Corey Brown||1||56.5kg|
|9||1111||CATCHY||David & B Hayes & T Dabernig||Craig Williams||8||54.5kg|
|10||113||FORMALITY||David & B Hayes & T Dabernig||Ryan Moore||2||54.5kg|
|11||1241||TULIP||David & B Hayes & T Dabernig||Kerrin McEvoy||10||54.5kg|
|12||11×12||SHE WILL REIGN||Gary Portelli||Ben Melham||13||54.5kg|
|13||2211||FROLIC||Michael Freedman||Tommy Berry||17||54.5kg|
|14||1×13||TEASPOON||Michael Freedman||Zac Purton||14||54.5kg|
|15||1111||HOUTZEN||Toby Edmonds||Jeff Lloyd||16||54.5kg|
|16||13132||MADEENATY||David & B Hayes & T Dabernig||Regan Bayliss||9||54.5kg|
|17e||1325||CHAUFFEUR||Gerald Ryan||Joshua Parr||19||56.5kg|
|18e||2×434||SHOWTIME||Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes||TBA||6||56.5kg|
|19e||04×234||THE MISSION||Paul Perry||TBA||12||56.5kg|
2017 Golden Slipper Acceptances Stages & Dates
- 2017 Golden Slipper Nominations: Taken July 5, 2016. Featured 2,019 entries. View the 2017 Golden Slipper Nominations.
- 2017 Golden Slipper First Acceptances: Taken October 4, 2016. Feature 1,501 entries. Check out the official first declarations on the ATC website.
- 2017 Golden Slipper Second Acceptances: Closed on Tuesday January 31, 2017 at 3pm (AEDT). View the 2017 Golden Slipper Second Acceptances.
- 2017 Golden Slipper Late Entries: Open until 11am (AEDT) on Monday March 13, 2017. Fee of $150,000 to connections.
- 2017 Golden Slipper Final Field: Released at 9am (AEDT) on Tuesday March 14, 2017.
There are a number of key lead-up races for two-year-olds heading into the Golden Slipper field held earlier in the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival. Many of these races offer a Golden Slipper ballot exemption to the winner. Make sure you follow the results for the below races as a guide to the juveniles that will face off in the Golden Slipper Stakes field 2017.
- $150,000 Group 3 Widden Stakes (1100m) – January 28, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $150,000 Group 3 Canonbury Stakes (1100m) – January 28, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $125,000 Listed Lonhro Plate (1100m) – February 11, 2017, Royal Randwick
- $250,000 Group 2 Silver Slipper Stakes (1100m) – February 18, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $175,000 Group 2 Skyline Stakes (1200m) – February 25, 2017, Warwick Farm
- $175,000 Group 2 Sweet Embrace Stakes (1200m) – February 25, 2017, Warwick Farm
- $300,000 Group 2 Reisling Stakes (1200m) – March 4, 2017, Royal Randwick
- $300,000 Group 2 Todman Stakes (1200m) – March 4, 2017, Royal Randwick
- $175,000 Group 3 Magic Night Stakes (1200m) – March 11, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $175,000 Group 3 Pago Pago Stakes (1200m) – March 11, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
Bet on the 2017 Golden Slipper Field
Betting on the two-year-olds to face off in this season’s Golden Slipper Stakes field is already open at Ladbrokes.com.au and markets are listed below.