See the menu to the left for the recent history of Golden Slipper fields and barrier draws.
The 2017 Golden Slipper Final Field is officially released on the Tuesday before Golden Slipper Day.
It is a long process to whittle down the two-year-olds that will run in the Golden Slipper field and the first entries are taken in July of the year before.
2017 Golden Slipper Acceptances Stages & Dates
- 2017 Golden Slipper Nominations: Taken July 5, 2016. Featured 2,019 entries. View the 2017 Golden Slipper Nominations.
- 2017 Golden Slipper First Acceptances: Taken October 4, 2016. Feature 1,501 entries. Check out the official first declarations on the ATC website.
- 2017 Golden Slipper Second Acceptances: Close on Tuesday January 31, 2017 at 3pm (AEDT).
- 2017 Golden Slipper Late Entries: Open until 11am (AEDT) on Monday March 13, 2017. Fee of $150,000 to connections.
- 2017 Golden Slipper Final Field: Released at 9am (AEDT) on Tuesday March 14, 2017 and published in full below.
There are a number of key lead-up races for two-year-olds heading into the Golden Slipper field held earlier in the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival. Many of these races offer a Golden Slipper ballot exemption to the winner. Make sure you follow the results for the below races as a guide to the juveniles that will face off in the Golden Slipper Stakes field 2017.
- $150,000 Group 3 Widden Stakes (1100m) – January 28, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $150,000 Group 3 Canonbury Stakes (1100m) – January 28, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $125,000 Listed Lonhro Plate (1100m) – February 11, 2017, Royal Randwick
- $250,000 Group 2 Silver Slipper Stakes (1100m) – February 18, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $175,000 Group 2 Skyline Stakes (1200m) – February 25, 2017, Warwick Farm
- $175,000 Group 2 Sweet Embrace Stakes (1200m) – February 25, 2017, Warwick Farm
- $300,000 Group 2 Reisling Stakes (1200m) – March 4, 2017, Royal Randwick
- $300,000 Group 2 Todman Stakes (1200m) – March 4, 2017, Royal Randwick
- $175,000 Group 2 Magic Night Stakes (1200m) – March 11, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $175,000 Group 2 Pago Pago Stakes (1200m) – March 11, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
Bet on the 2016 Golden Slipper Field
Early betting on the likely two-year-olds to face off in this season’s Golden Slipper Stakes field is already open at Ladbrokes.com.au and futures markets are listed below.