Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The 2018 Golden Slipper Final Field is officially released on the Tuesday before Golden Slipper Day – March 20, 2018
It is a long process to whittle down the two-year-olds that will run in the Golden Slipper field and the first entries are taken in July of the year before.
View the 2018 Golden Slipper Stakes Nominations taken in July of 2017 and attracting a record number of yearlings with 2,197 early entries.
2018 Golden Slipper Acceptances Stages & Dates
- 2018 Golden Slipper Nominations: Taken July, 2017. Featured a record 2,197 entries – up from 2,019 the previous season.
- 2018 Golden Slipper First Acceptances: Closed on Tuesday October 3, 2017. Attracted 1,610 entries. Check out the official first declarations on the ATC website.
- 2018 Golden Slipper Second Acceptances: Close on Tuesday January 23, 2018 at 3pm (AEDT).
- 2018 Golden Slipper Late Entries: Open until 11am (AEDT) on the Monday prior to Golden Slipper Day. Fee of $150,000 to connections.
- 2018 Golden Slipper Final Field: Released at 9am (AEDT) on Tuesday March 20, 2018.
There are a number of key lead-up races for two-year-olds heading into the Golden Slipper field held earlier in the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival. Many of these races offer a Golden Slipper ballot exemption to the winner. Make sure you follow the results for the below races as a guide to the juveniles that will face off in the Golden Slipper Stakes field 2018.
- $150,000 Group 3 Widden Stakes (1100m) – January 28, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $150,000 Group 3 Canonbury Stakes (1100m) – January 28, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $125,000 Listed Lonhro Plate (1100m) – February 11, 2017, Royal Randwick
- $250,000 Group 2 Silver Slipper Stakes (1100m) – February 18, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $175,000 Group 2 Skyline Stakes (1200m) – February 25, 2017, Warwick Farm
- $175,000 Group 2 Sweet Embrace Stakes (1200m) – February 25, 2017, Warwick Farm
- $300,000 Group 2 Reisling Stakes (1200m) – March 4, 2017, Royal Randwick
- $300,000 Group 2 Todman Stakes (1200m) – March 4, 2017, Royal Randwick
- $175,000 Group 3 Magic Night Stakes (1200m) – March 11, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $175,000 Group 3 Pago Pago Stakes (1200m) – March 11, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
Bet on the 2018 Golden Slipper Field
Betting on the two-year-olds to face off in this season’s Golden Slipper Stakes field is will open months in advance of the Group 1 classic Ladbrokes.com.au and markets will be available below as soon as pre-Golden Slipper odds are out.