Veteran hoop Jim Byrne will chase a fourth...
2018 Golden Slipper Results
- 1st: #11 Estijaab
- 2nd: #12 Oohood
- 3rd: #10 Sunlight
The 2018 Golden Slipper Final Field is officially released on the Tuesday before Golden Slipper Day.
It is a long process to whittle down the two-year-olds that will run in the Golden Slipper field and the first entries are taken in July of the year before.
2018 Golden Slipper Final Field & Barrier Draw
The Golden Slipper Stakes 2018 Final Field attracted a capacity line-up of two-year-olds including Santos for six-time Slipper winning trainer Gai Waterhouse. Caulfield’s Ladbrokes Blue Diamond winner Written By chases the interstate Group 1 juveniles’ double from barrier four on the short back-up after taking out the Pago Pago Stakes at the Rosehill track last weekend. Also on the seven day turnaround is the Golden Slipper favourite Sunlight who won the Magic Night Stakes and who came up trumps at the Golden Slipper 2018 barrier draw with gate five.
|No.||Form (Last 10)||Horse||Trainer||Jockey||Barrier|
|1||1×111||WRITTEN BY||Grahame Begg||Jordan Childs||4|
|2||34×11||SANTOS||Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott||Tim Clark||7|
|3||11||AYLMERTON||Jean Dubois||Tommy Berry||8|
|4||11×10||LONG LEAF||David & B Hayes & T Dabernig||Blake Shinn||19|
|5||1x1L||PERFORMER||Chris Waller||Hugh Bowman||16|
|6||1142||EF TROOP||Tony Gollan||Jason Collett||2|
|7||314||PRAIRIE FIRE||Mick Price||Mark Zahra||6|
|8||1162||SANDBAR||Brad Widdup||Christian Reith||3|
|9||112||ENBIHAAR||David & B Hayes & T Dabernig||Stephen Baster||15|
|10||3×11111||SUNLIGHT||Tony McEvoy||Luke Currie||5|
|11||121||ESTIJAAB||Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes||Brenton Avdulla||17|
|12||2×323||OOHOOD||Tony McEvoy||Zac Purton||11|
|13||32×12||FIESTA||Chris Waller||Kerrin McEvoy||20|
|14||1112||SIZZLING BELLE||Nick Olive||Kathy O’Hara||1|
|15||4×31||SEABROOK (NZ)||Mick Price||Damien Oliver||12|
|16||212574||SECRET LADY||Gary Portelli||Ben Melham||13|
|17e||14×74||QAFLIA||David & B Hayes & T Dabernig||Craig Williams||10|
|18e||11×34||GONGS||James Cummings||Tye Angland||14|
|19e||1×434||LEGEND OF CONDOR||Gerald Ryan||TBA||9|
|20e||42×23||SPIN||Peter & Paul Snowden||TBA||18|
View the 2018 Golden Slipper Stakes Nominations taken in July of 2017 that attracted a record number of yearlings with 2,197 early entries.
Read about the latest Golden Slipper 2018 Second Acceptances taken on Tuesday January 23, which feature a bumper 358 two-year-olds including the Magic Millions Classic winner Sunlight.
Bet on the 2018 Golden Slipper Field
Betting on the two-year-olds to face off in this season’s Golden Slipper Stakes field is will open months in advance of the Group 1 classic Ladbrokes.com.au and markets will be available below as soon as pre-Golden Slipper odds are out.
2018 Golden Slipper Acceptances Stages & Dates
- 2018 Golden Slipper Nominations: Taken July, 2017. Featured a record 2,197 entries – up from 2,019 the previous season.
- 2018 Golden Slipper First Acceptances: Closed on Tuesday October 3, 2017. Attracted 1,610 entries. Check out the official first declarations on the ATC website.
- 2018 Golden Slipper Second Acceptances: Closed on Tuesday January 23, 2018 at 3pm (AEDT). Featured a record 358 entries with the full list available here.
- 2018 Golden Slipper Late Entries: Open until 11am (AEDT) on the Monday prior to Golden Slipper Day. Fee of $150,000 to connections.
- 2018 Golden Slipper Final Field: Released at 9am (AEDT) on Tuesday March 20, 2018.
There are a number of key lead-up races for two-year-olds heading into the Golden Slipper field held earlier in the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival. Many of these races offer a Golden Slipper ballot exemption to the winner. Make sure you follow the results for the below races as a guide to the juveniles that will face off in the Golden Slipper Stakes field 2018.
- $150,000 Group 3 Widden Stakes (1100m) – January 28, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $150,000 Group 3 Canonbury Stakes (1100m) – January 28, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $125,000 Listed Lonhro Plate (1100m) – February 11, 2017, Royal Randwick
- $250,000 Group 2 Silver Slipper Stakes (1100m) – February 18, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $175,000 Group 2 Skyline Stakes (1200m) – February 25, 2017, Warwick Farm
- $175,000 Group 2 Sweet Embrace Stakes (1200m) – February 25, 2017, Warwick Farm
- $300,000 Group 2 Reisling Stakes (1200m) – March 4, 2017, Royal Randwick
- $300,000 Group 2 Todman Stakes (1200m) – March 4, 2017, Royal Randwick
- $175,000 Group 3 Magic Night Stakes (1200m) – March 11, 2017, Rosehill Gardens
- $175,000 Group 3 Pago Pago Stakes (1200m) – March 11, 2017, Rosehill Gardens