When it comes to getting the tips on the Melbourne Cup Races.com.au should be punters No. 1 destination.
Then when it comes to turning those Melbourne Cup tips into winnings ahead of the 2015 Melbourne Cup on Tuesday, November 3rd the best place to go is online to our preferred online bookie Ladbrokes.com.au.
2015 Melbourne Cup Betting Tips
The 2015 Melbourne Cup is an extremely open betting race but our team of horse racing experts have analysed all the relevant form guide facts and betting statistics to come up with our 2015 Melbourne Cup tips.
The Races.com.au Melbourne Cup Tips for 2015 are:
- Winner – Trip To Paris
- Best Local Hope – Criterion
- Best Roughie – Who Shot Thebarman
Here’s a little about the Melbourne Cup and Melbourne Cup tips.
The Melbourne Cup is Australia’s greatest horse race and the world’s most prestigious and richest “two mile race”.
Dubbed as the race that stops a nation the Melbourne Cup constantly attracts more than 150,000 spectators outside and inside the Flemington Racecourse. An additional 700 million worldwide television audience watch the race and a good percentage of them go to online betting websites to wager on their favourite horse.
Held on the first Tuesday of November each year the $6.2 million Group 1 Melbourne Cup (3200m) really is the race you want to have a punt on if you only allow yourself one event a year!
And before you place your Melbourne Cup bets ahead of the big handicap clash you’ll be after the best Melbourne Cup tips.
Melbourne Cup Tips
Wagering on a prestigious race like the Melbourne Cup is a lot of fun.
Unlike most other horse races the Melbourne Cup Field features stayers from near and far.
It is also rare for one horse to dominate the entire field or Melbourne Cup betting markets with odds-on favourites few and far between. Even if there are perceived favourites, the best horse is still up against other great horses, and a win is never guaranteed.
Here are some of the best Melbourne Cup betting tips to help you make a smart wager. For even better tips, please visit our new Melbourne Cup tips page!
- Read what the experts have to say – The best way to get information on the Melbourne Cup is to read the data and analysis yourself. Some horse betting experts offer their picks for free like us right here at Races.com.au.Some experts provide analysis for their picks. Reading the opinions of others will help shape your opinion. Weigh their opinions carefully and do not hesitate to consult other punters or read experts that contradict your analysis. This way, you can have all bases covered when you make your wager.
- Invest money to win money – Most punters are usually conservative with the money that they are willing to risk. While it is true that you should not risk money that you cannot afford to lose, it is better not to bet than make an improper bet just because you are not committed to make a full bet. Exotic bets like Trifecta require a larger sum to have a realistic chance of winning. If you seriously want to win in exotic wagers, you have to pay for the best combination. Otherwise, stick to simpler bets with lesser payouts.
- Recent Performance and Workouts – Many punters wagering on the Melbourne Cup will tell you that the horse is only as good as his last race. Experienced punters carefully study the last couple of races and find a trend in their performance. In addition, punters can also look at their recent workouts to have a better judge of their current form.
- Condition of the Track – The overall condition of the track including the wind, weather, and the softness of the soil matter in the race. Although Flemington is one of the well-maintained race tracks in the world, slight changes in track conditions favour certain runners in the field while putting some runners at a disadvantage.
Other factors that can influence Melbourne Cup betting include the expertise and reputation of the jockeys and trainers, injuries, and medication changes.
The Melbourne Cup is one of the greatest events in Australian sports. With an increasing volume of wagers coming into the betting pool, it’s time to pick your favourite horse. Register and log-in with one of the sports betting sites we recommend such as Ladbrokes.com.au to bet on the Melbourne Cup at great odds.
For easy access to information on the recent performance of runners in all major races, including the Melbourne Cup, join Ladbrokes.com.au now!