Local galloper Zahspeed remains the solid...
The 2018 Magic Millions 2YO Classic steals the show at the Gold Coast Racecourse on Saturday, our comprehensive form guide analysis and betting preview on the juveniles’ feature found below.
A full field of 16 youngsters will do battle in this season’s Restricted Listed $2 million Magic Millions 2YO Classic (1200m), the latest markets at Ladbrokes.com.au for which feature three single-figure fancies.
Magic Millions Classic betting moves over the past 24 hours or so have seen a clear favourite emerge with money pouring in for the now $4 top fancy Sunlight.
Angaston-based trainer Tony McEvoy has his Zoustar filly spot-on fitness wise following her runaway four and a half-length victory at the Gold Coast track over 1100m only last weekend.
That was her second success at the course on the trot this campaign and she was super impressive carting 58kg to victory.
Hoop Luke Currie retains the ride this weekend as Sunlight drops back to 55kg at set weights for the Magic Millions Classic where she is drawn barrier 15 (into 12 with emergencies out).
The other leaders in the Gold Coast Magic Millions 2YO Classic odds are David Atkins’ undefeated Wyong Magic Millions Classic winner Jonker ($4.60) and the Tony Gollan-trained Ef Troop ($5) who is also out to make it three-form-three, the duo drawn at opposite ends of the field in gates three and 18 respectively.
To help you sort the genuine contenders from the too-green pretenders in the race, below we go over the full Magic Millions 2YO Classic form guide, history and statistical betting facts.
2018 Magic Millions Classic Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Magic Millions 2YO Classic winner was the Toby Edmonds-trained filly Houtzen (2017) who came off a lead-up win at the Gold Coast track the Saturday before and saluted from barrier 16 (of 16) with Jeff Lloyd aboard the $4 equal favourite
- There are eight confirmed fillies in this year’s Magic Millions Classic field plus a further two emergencies including the current favourite #11 Sunlight ($4)
- Last start winners have a dominant recent record in the Magic Millions 2YO Classic and the best of the last start winners backing up this year are: #11 Sunlight, #1 Jonker and #2 Ef Troop
- Both #1 Jonker ($4.60) and #2 Ef Troop ($5) are undefeated from two career starts coming into the race
- Wide barrier draws have proven favourable in the race in recent years so that keeps top chances including #11 Sunlight (15) and #2 Ef Troop (18) in contention along with outside chance #7 Bondi (20)
- The outside barrier that produced Houtzen last year belongs on Saturday to Stuart Kendrick’s Sunshine Coast-trained Sepoy colt #5 Fullazaboot ($34)
- The Wyong Magic Millions 2YO Classic form from December has stacked-up in the Gold Coast race many times in the past decade and graduates out of that this summer include the winner Jonker (1st) Skyray (2nd) and Bondi (3rd)
- The only runners with previous win or place form over the 1200m distance are: #9 Meryl (1:1-0-0), #5 Fullazaboot (1:-0-1-0) and #15 Witherspoon (1:0-0-1)
- The previous Gold Coast track performers in the mix are: #2 Sunlight (2:2-0-0) along with emergency runners #17e Paquirri (2:0-1-1) and #18e Terminology (1:0-1-0)
Stay tuned for our insider Magic Millions 2YO Classic 2018 tips, a full race form guide provided below courtesy of Ladbrokes.com.au.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.