Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The 2017 Australasian Oaks features a competitive field of smart fillies at Morphettville Racecourse in Adelaide on Saturday, a full form guide analysis and betting preview on the Group 1 detailed below.
Running as Race 6 on the Robert Sangster Stakes Day card, a capacity line-up of three-year-old fillies will take to the track in this season’s $500,000 Group 1 Schweppes Oaks (2010m).
Australasian Oaks betting at Ladbrokes.com.au has the Darren Weir-trained Auraria Stakes winner Kenedna as the firming $3.20 favourite.
She’s out to salute for the punters in the race for the first time since the fellow Weir-trained May’s Dream in 2014 and has won both her previous starts at the Morphettville track including the traditional lead-up on April 22.
Second favourite in the Australasian Oaks odds at $4.20 to hand Sydney’s best Chris Waller his maiden win in the race is the in-form Egg Tart up in grade after winning her past five on the trot in easier company.
So does the Australasian Oaks 2017 form guide, betting history and statistical data back-up the order of the markets or uncover value fillies to get behind this weekend?
2017 Australasian Oaks Form Facts & Stats
- Last year’s Australasian Oaks winner was the Michael Kent-trained Abbey Marie (2016) who came off a win at Caulfield, jumped from barrier 2 (of 16) with Luke Nolen aboard the $7 shot
- Second emergency #18e Lilymorn ($34) is drawn last year’s winning barrier (2), which will belong to the favourite #2 Kenedna (3) if she fails to gain a start
- The most successful Australasian Oaks barrier (since 1983) producing six winners is gate eight drawn this year by #6 Savvy Dreams but belonging to #14 Ana Royale (10) if the emergencies come out
- The other best barrier producing five winners in that time is the inside alley drawn this year by #4 Smart As You Think ($18)
- The previous Australasian Oaks winning trainers with a runner this year are: David Hayes (30-3-2-1) with #1 Harlow Gold and #7 Sebring Dream; Darren Weir (4-1-1-0) with #2 Kenedna; Leon MacDonald (11-1-0-4) with #10 Pretty Punk; and Gai Waterhouse (6-1-0-0) with #11 Sedanzer
- The previous Australasian Oaks winning jockeys with a ride on Saturday are: Craig Williams (5-1-1-0) on #6 Savvy Dreams and Damien Oliver (10-3-1-2) who is on standby for #18e Lilymorn
- Favourites in Australasian Oaks betting have won five times in the past decade and #2 Kenedna ($3.20) is out to salute for the punters in 2017
- No Australasian Oaks winner has finished worse than fourth in the lead-up since Anamato (2007)
- In the past decade six of the 10 winners came off a lead-up victory
- The last start winners out to frank that form in 2017 are: #2 Kenedna (Group 3 Auraria Stakes, 1800m, Morphettville, 22/04,2017); #3 Sword Of Light (VOBIS Gold Reef, 1600m, Caulfield, 22/04/2017); #5 Egg Tart (3YO Hcp, 1600m, Flemington, 25/04/2017); #8 Toffee Nose (VOBIS Gold Heath, 2000m, Caulfield, 22/04/2017) and #18e Lilymorn (MDN-SW, 2200m, Ballarat, 24/04/2017)
- #2 Kenedna is out to complete the Auraria Stakes – Australasian Oaks double for the first time since Grand Echezeaux (2000)
- The Auraria Stakes has produced three of the past five Australasian Oaks winners and along with the winner the other best out of the traditional lead-up this season are: With A Bit Of Dash (2nd), Sebring Dream (3rd), Sedanzer (4th), Smart As You Think (6th), Pretty Punk (7th), Tiffany’s Lass (8th) and Savvy Dreams (10th)
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #5 Egg Tart (67%) followed by #11 Sedanzer (43%) and #2 Kenedna (42%)
- The equal best Place Rate of the field belongs to #5 Egg Tart (83%) and #18e Lilymorn (83%)
- The previous Morphettville track winners in the mix are: #2 Kenedna (2-2-0-0), #9 With A Bit Of Dash (9-1-5-0) and #10 Pretty Punk (5-1-0-0)
- The fillies with winning form over the distance (2000m) are: #4 Smart As You Think (2-1-0-0) and #8 Toffee Nose (2-1-0-0)
Our insider Australasian Schweppes Oaks 2017 tips will be published shortly, a full race form guide provided by Ladbrokes.com.au found below in the meantime.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.