The Kris Lees trained Invincible Gem has been...
The Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival Group 1 action continues at Rosehill Gardens this Saturday with the fillies and mares facing off in the Coolmore Classic 2017 – a full form guide analysis and betting preview for which is detailed below.
Due to run as Rosehill Race 7 at 4:15pm (AEDT), this autumn’s $600,000 Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1500m) has attracted a line-up of 19 hopefuls led in betting at Ladbrokes.com.au by the Chris Waller-trained filly Omei Sword ($3.70).
Tracking towards a possible Doncaster Mile bid in April, the bookies are taking no chances in Coolmore Classic betting with the Group 1 placed daughter of High Chaparral after her gun return to racing.
After a slight muscle injury saw her first-up run delayed, Omei Sword caught the eye at Randwick a fortnight back when second in the Group 2 Surround Stakes (1400m) and is tipped to improve second-up.
The other major players in the Coolmore Classic odds include Guy Walter Stakes winner Dixie Blossoms ($6.50) for last year’s winning trainer Ron Quinton and Gai Waterhouse’s dual Group 1 winning three-year-old Global Glamour ($8) with an outside barrier 16 draw.
Below we take a look at the full Coolmore Classic form guide, betting history, form facts and stats to uncover the value in the markets ahead of the weekend.
2017 Coolmore Classic Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Coolmore Classic winner was the Ron Quinton-trained Peeping (2016) who came off a Guy Walter Stakes third, jumped from barrier 9 (of 14) and had Sam Clipperton aboard for her win at odds of $15
- Ron Quinton (10-2-0-0) also won the race with Ofcourseican (2012) chases a third win this weekend with #2 Dixie Blossoms ($6.50) and #17 Daysee Doom ($26)
- Quinton is out to be the first back-to-back winning trainer since Gai Waterhouse with Bollinger (2003) and Shamekha (2004)
- The only other previous Coolmore Classic winning trainer with a runner on the weekend is Gai Waterhouse (27-4-2-1) with #4 Global Glamour ($8)
- Sam Clipperton (3-1-0-0) rides #9 Silent Sedition ($12) on Saturday looking to go back-to-back in the Coolmore Classic as a hoop for the first time in over 30 years
- The other previous Coolmore Classic winning jockeys with a ride on Saturday are: Blake Shinn (5-1-1-0) on #1 First Seal ($21), Tye Angland (3-1-0-0) on #5 Heavens Above ($26) and Kathy O’Hara (5-1-0-0) on #6 Single Gaze ($34)
- Last year’s winning barrier (9) has produced two Coolmore Classic winners (since 1983) and belongs this year to #16 Denmagic ($17)
- The most successful Coolmore Classic barriers in that time with four winners each are 2, 7 and 14 drawn this year by: #11 Euro Angel (2), #19 Shillelagh (7) and #18 Sold For Song (14)
- Pepping (3rd) came off a Guy Walter Stakes run for her Coolmore Classic win last autumn
- #2 Dixie Blossoms chases the Guy Walter Stakes – Coolmore Classic double this season
- The other Guy Walter Stakes graduates in the Group 1 field on Saturday are: Zanbagh (2nd), Shillelagh (4th) and Danish Twist (7th)
- Seven of the past eight Coolmore Classic winners finished top three in the lead-up
- Along with #2 Dixie Blossoms the other last start winners in the mix this year are: #3 In Her Time (Group 2 Millie Fox Stakes, 1300m, Rosehill, 07/02/2017); #7 La Bella Diosa (Group 2 Surround Stakes, 1400m, Randwick, 25/02/2017); and #9 Silent Sedition (Group 3 Mannerism Stakes, 1400m, Caulfield, 25/02/2017)
- The others who ran second or third in their lead-up runs are: #4 Global Glamour (Surround Stakes 3rd), #11 Euro Angel (Millie Fox Stakes 2nd), #13 Thames Court (Mannerism Stakes 2nd), #13 Zanbagh (Guy Walter Stakes 2nd), #14 Omei Sword (Surround Stakes 2nd) and #17 Daysee Doom (Millie Fox Stakes 3rd)
- Just 2 of the past 10 Coolmore Classic winners came off a non-Sydney lead-up
- Favourites in Coolmore Classic betting have a poor recent record with just two wins – Typhoon Tracy (2009) & Aloha (2011) – saluting for the punters since 2003
- #14 Omei Sword ($3.70) is out to break the recent hoodoo of Coolmore Classic favourites
- Four of the past five Coolmore Classic winners jumped at double-figure odds
- Along with the favourite #14 Omei Sword the other single-figure fancies out to buck the trend on Saturday are: #2 Dixie Blossoms ($6.50) and #4 Global Glamour ($8)
- Typhoon Tracy (2009) was the last three-year-old filly to beat the older mare in the Coolmore Classic results
- The 3YOs in the mix out to be the next filly to win are: #4 Global Glamour, #7 La Bella Diosa and #14 Omei Sword
- Four-year-olds have won four times in the past 10 years making them the most successful age group in recent history
- The 4YOs in the mix looking to continue the trend in 2017 are: #2 Dixie Blossoms, #3 In Her Time, #6 Single Gaze, #9 Silent Sedition, #11 Euro Angel, #13 Thames Court, #15 Abbey Marie, #16 Denmagic, #17 Daysee Doom and #18 Sold For Song
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #7 La Bella Diosa (71%) followed by #17 Daysee Doom (63%) and #15 Abbey Marie (60%)
- The best Place Rate of the field belongs to #9 Silent Sedition (93%) followed by #11 Euro Angel (88%), #7 La Bella Diosa (86%) and #14 Omei Sword (83%)
- The previous winners at the track (Rosehill) are: #6 Single Gaze (4-2-0-0), #13 Zanbagh (6-2-0-0), #17 Daysee Doom (3-2-0-1), #14 Omei Sword (3-1-2-0), #1 First Seal (6-1-3-0), #5 Heavens Above (8-1-4-0) and #3 In Her Time (2-1-0-0)
- The previous winners over the exact Coolmore Classic distance (1500m) are: #9 Silent Sedition (1-1-0-0), #13 Zanbagh (4-1-0-0) and #16 Denmagic (1-1-0-0)
- #5 Heavens Above has had two 1500m runs for two seconds giving her the best Place Rate over the distance
Stay tuned for our insider Coolmore Classic 2017 betting tips to be published shortly, checking out the full race form guide below in the meantime courtesy of Ladbrokes.com.au – home of Enhanced Odds on the race (T&Cs apply / Max Bet $100).
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.