Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The season’s best three-year-old staying fillies take to Flemington Racecourse on Thursday, November 3, in the Crown Oaks 2016, a detailed form guide and betting preview for the classic found below.
Due to jump as Flemington Race 8 at 5:00pm (AEDT) as the penultimate event on the third Melbourne Cup Carnival meeting, this year’s $1 million Group 1 Crown Oaks (2500m) has attracted a final field of 15 hopefuls.
Odds-on favourite in Crown Oaks betting at Ladbrokes.com.au this season is the David Vandyke-trained Yankee Rose ($1.65).
She is a dual Group 1 winning daughter of All American and comes off a Cox Plate third to Winx and Hartnell, the same lead-up Samantha Miss had before her Crown Oaks victory in 2008.
Yankee Rose has a wide barrier 13 draw to overcome to post her third elite level win, but the bookies are taking zero chances with the highly talented youngster from Sydney.
To see if Yankee Rose is a sure thing to head the Crown Oaks results 2016, below we have a look over the full Crown Oaks form guide, betting history and statistics to help uncover any value in betting on the set weights showdown.
2016 Crown Oaks Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Crown Oaks winner was the Ciaron Maher-trained Jameka (2015) who came off a win in the Group 2 Moonee Valley Vase (2040m), jumped from barrier 7 (of 11) and had Damien Oliver aboard at a starting price of $4.50
- Maher also won the Crown Oaks in 2014 with Set Square but is without a runner in the field this year
- The previous Crown Oaks winning trainers with a starter on Thursday are: David Hayes (20-1-0-2) with #3 Sebring Dream ($11) and #7 Harlow Gold ($8); and John McArdle (2-1-0-0) with #6 Smart As You Think ($16)
- Last year’s winning jockey Damien Oliver has won a total of four Crown Oaks and chases his fifth this year aboard #5 Eleonora ($9)
- Along with Oliver (18-4-0-1) the only other previous Crown Oaks winning jockey with a ride this year is Hugh Bowman (8-2-1-0) on #2 Missrock ($14)
- Before Jameka (1st in 2015) the only other Crown Oaks winner in the last 30 years to have their final lead-up in the Moonee Valley Vase was Northwood Plume (2nd in 1994)
- The only Crown Oaks filly coming off a Vase run this year is Harlow Gold (6th)
- The most successful Crown Oaks lead-up race producing 22 winners (since 1983) and four of the past seven is the Group 2 Wakeful Stakes (2000m)
- The last Crown Oaks winner out of the Wakeful was Kirramosa (2013) who completed the double three years ago
- This year’s Wakeful Stakes winner Tiamo Grace is not in the Crown Oaks field
- The Wakeful Stakes graduates backing-up in the Oaks are: Sebring Dream (2nd), Missrock (3rd), Bella Sorellastra (10th), Lamma Hilton (11th), My Girl Chilly (12th) and Penthouse Kitten (14th)
- The other key Crown Oaks form line from the past 30 years is the Cox Plate producing three winners: Slight Chance (3rd in 1992), Miss Finland (6th in 2006) and Samantha Miss (3rd in 2008)
- #1 Yankee Rose (3rd) is the Cox Plate graduate backing-up in the Crown Oaks this year
- Crown Oaks favourites have a strong recent record with nine wins in the past 15 years and five in the past decade
- #1 Yankee Rose ($1.65) is odds-on favourite in Crown Oaks betting this year
- Five of the past seven Crown Oaks winners came off a last start win including the last three on the trot
- The last start winners in the race this year are: #5 Eleonora (Group 3 Ethereal Stakes, 2000m, Caulfield, 15/10/2016), #6 Smart As You Think (F&M Hcp, 2040m, Moonee Valley, 21/10/2016) and #9 Peeking Duck (BM64, 2035m, Cranbourne, 25/10/2016)
- Last year’s winning Crown Oaks barrier (7) has produced a total of four winners (since 1983) making it the most successful in that time along with barrier two
- The best Crown Oaks barriers from the past 30 years belong this year to #10 Lamma Hilton (7) and #7 Harlow Gold (2)
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #1 Yankee Rose (50%) followed by #7 Harlow Gold (33%) and #9 Peeking Duck (33%)
- The highest Place Rate of the field belongs to #1 Yankee Rose (88%) followed by #5 Eleonora (86%) and #6 Smart As You Think (83%)
- No filly in the field has been out over the distance (2500m)
- The fillies with the best Flemington track record are: #3 Sebring Dream (3-1-2-0), #2 Missrock (3-0-0-2), #6 Smart As You Think (1-0-0-1), #7 Harlow Gold (1-0-0-1) and #8 Bella Sorellastra (2-0-1-0)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider 2016 Crown Oaks betting tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime check out the full form guide below before heading to Ladbrokes.com.au for up to $700 in bonus match bets when you first sign-up, deposit and quote the code SPRINGBONUS (T&Cs apply / excludes NSW).
2016 Crown Oaks Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.