Doomben 10,000 winner English could be racing...
Winx is set to start one of the shortest-priced favourites in recent Australian Group 1 racing history when she shoots for an eleventh straight win in the George Main Stakes 2016, a detailed form guide and betting preview for which is detailed below.
Chris Waller’s $6.8 million earner has scared off all but seven rivals in Saturday’s $500,000 Group 1 George Main Stakes (1600m) as she attempts a seventh elite level success.
The field could be down to just seven runners in total by race day however with Kris Lees leaning towards a Newcastle run on Friday with Le Romain instead of taking on Winx in the weight-for-age at Royal Randwick on Saturday.
After an empathic first-up success in the Group 2 Warwick Stakes (1400m), a subsequent smart Sydney trial and a brilliant piece of work at Rosehill on Wednesday Winx is at $1.16 in the latest George Main Stakes odds at Ladbrokes.com.au.
So is there any value further down the George Main Stakes betting markets revealed by the race form guide, betting history and recent statistics?
2016 George Main Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s George Main Stakes winner Kermadec (2015) backed up off a Chelmsford Stakes second and jumped from barrier 4 (of 9) with Glyn Schofield aboard to salute for the punters and hand Chris Waller with his third win in four years
- Waller returns chasing his third George Main Stakes win on the trot and fourth in five years this weekend after his other recent victories with: Sacred Falls (2014) and Shoot Out (2012)
- Along with #8 Winx Waller (15-3-4-1) also saddles-up triple-figure roughies #4 Spiritjim ($201) and #7 Vanbrugh ($126) in the George Main Stakes field this year
- The only other previous George Main Stakes winning trainer with a runner on Saturday is John O’Shea (6-1-0-0) with #2 Hauraki ($11) and #3 It’s Somewhat ($26)
- Last year’s winning jockey Glyn Schofield shoots for back-to-back wins aboard #7 Vanbrugh
- Along with Schofield (6-2-1-0) the other previous George Main Stakes winning jockeys with a ride this weekend are: Kerrin McEvoy (3-1-0-0) on #5 Great Esteem ($101) and Hugh Bowman (8-1-1-1) on #8 Winx
- Last year’s winning barrier (4) has produced at total of seven George Main Stakes winners (since 1983) making it the race’s most successful in the past 30 plus years; this year the coveted gate belongs to #3 It’s Somewhat
- If #6 Le Romain (1) is withdrawn barrier 4 will belong to #2 Hauraki (5)
- The Chelmsford Stakes has produced the past two George Main Stakes winners with Sacred Falls (4th in 2014) and Kermadec (2nd in 2015); no runner backs-up out of the Chelmsford Stakes this season
- Two mares have won the George Main in the past decade with More Joyous (2010) and Streama (2013); #8 Winx is the only mare taking on the boys this year
- Favourites have a gun record in the race with six wins in the past decade; #8 Winx ($1.16) is out to continue the run for the punters
- Over the past 30 years 10 horses have jumped odds-on in the George Main Stakes for four wins: Lonhro ($1.70, 2003), Grand Armee ($1.85, 2004), Racing To Win ($1.75, 2006) and More Joyous ($1.60, 2010)
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #8 Winx (70%) followed by #4 Spiritjim (30%) and #6 Le Romain (60%)
- The best Place Rate belongs to #6 Le Romain (90%) followed by #8 Winx (85%) and #2 Hauraki (67%)
- The previous winners over the distance (1600m) are: #8 Winx (5-4-1-0), #5 Great Esteem (12-4-1-1), #7 Vanbrugh (3-1-1-0) and #6 Le Romain (1-1-0-0)
- The horses with the best winning record at the Randwick track are: #8 Winx (10-6-3-0), #6 Le Romain (5-2-3-0), #2 Hauraki (9-2-2-2) and #7 Vanbrugh (5-2-0-0)
Stay tuned for the exclusive Races.com.au George Main Stakes 2016 betting tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime head over to Ladbrokes.com.au to check out their amazing George Main Stakes promotion open now for punters (excluding NSW / T&Cs apply).
2016 George Main Stakes Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.