Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
The rescheduled Queensland Oaks 2016 is now one of four Group 1 races on the Eagle Farm card this Saturday, a detailed form guide and betting preview for the three-years-old fillies’ classic found below.
Set to run as the last on Stradbroke Handicap Day as Race 10 at 4:20pm (AEST), this year’s $500,000 Group 1 Treasury Casino & Hotel Queensland Oaks (2400m) will run with a capacity 18 starters.
Sitting top of the updated Queensland Oaks odds at Ladbrokes.com.au paying $6.50 and firming is Imposing Lass from the Sydney stables of Bjorn Baker.
So will the Makfi filly salute for the punters again after the success of top fancy Winx last year?
Imposing Lass comes off a third in the Group 2 The Roses (2000m) at Doomben on May 21, which is the traditional Queensland Oaks lead-up.
She is followed in Queensland Oaks betting by a number of other livewire chances including Peter & Paul Snowden’s daughter of More Than Ready Falkenberg ($7) and the Clarry Conners-trained Dawnie Perfect ($9) with the outside barrier to overcome.
That’s the tale of the tape in betting but what does the Queensland Oaks form guide, betting history and statistics say about which fillies to back and sack in the mile and a half feature?
2016 Queensland Oaks Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Queensland Oaks winner was the Chris Waller-trained favourite Winx (2015) who came off a win in the Group 3 Sunshine Coast Guineas and jumped from barrier 10 (of 16) with Hugh Bowman aboard
- Chris Waller (8-1-1-0) chases successive Queensland Oaks wins this season saddling-up #6 Sebring Sally ($17) and #18 Mount Omei ($41); if successful will be the first trainer to prepare back-to-back winners since 1986
- The other previous Queensland Oaks winning trainers represented in this year’s field are: Peter Snowden (4-1-0-0) who co-trains #7 Self Esteem, #12 Falkenberg and #13 Tap This with his son Paul, Michael Moroney (9-1-1-1) with #8 Alaskan Rose, Clarry Conners (10-2-0-0) with #9 Queen Of Wands and #10 Dawnie Perfect, New Zealander Roger James (5-1-0-1) with #15 Romantic Maid, and Pat Carey (1-1-0-0) with the third emergency #21e Meru
- Last year’s winning jockey Hugh Bowman (7-2-0-0) is after his third Queensland Oaks victory this year on #6 Sebring Sally
- The other previous Queensland Oaks winning jockeys with a ride on the weekend are: James McDonald (3-1-0-0) on #1 Ambience, Kerrin McEvoy (10-1-0-1) on #10 Dawnie Perfect, Damian Browne (5-1-0-0) on #14 Tavi Bay and Rhys McLeod (2-1-0-0) who is on standby to ride emergency #21e Meru
- Last year’s winning barrier (10) has produced two Queensland Oaks winners (since 1983) and was drawn this year by the favourite #4 Imposing Lass, but it will be #8 Alaskan Rose (12) who gets the run from the gate if the emergencies fail to gain a start
- The most successful Queensland Oaks barrier in that time producing five winners is the inside alley and barrier one is drawn this year by #11 Ashlee Marie ($34)
- The next best gates with four winners each are four and five drawn this year by #7 Self Esteem ($15) and #3 Kebede ($13) respectively
- The past five Queensland Oaks winners came off a top four finish in the lead-up including last start winners Winx (2015) and Scarlett Lady (2011)
- There are eight last-start winners in the field this year with: #2 Chabaud, #3 Kebede, #13 Tap This, #14 Tavi Bay, #15 Romantic Maid, #17 Zasorceress, #18 Mount Omei and #19e Provocative
- Four of the past five Queensland Oaks champions and eight of the past 10 came off a run in The Roses including Scarlett Lady (2011) who completed the double
- This year The Roses – Oaks double is out to be won by #3 Kebede
- The other The Roses graduates backing up in the Queensland Oaks are: Sebring Sally (2nd), Imposing Lass (3rd), Self Esteem (4th), Dawnie Perfect (6th), Falkenberg (7th), Alaskan Rose (8th), Dulverton (10th), Ambience (12th) and Queen Of Wands (13th)
- Four favourites have won the Queensland Oaks in the past decade including Winx (2015) and this year #4 Imposing Lass ($6.50) is looking to be the next
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #4 Imposing Lass (67%) followed by #15 Romantic Maid (50%) and #19e Provocative (50%)
- The best Place Rate of the field also belongs to #4 Imposing Lass (100%) who is yet to finish out of the money followed by #1 Ambience (67%), #3 Kebede (67%), #14 Tavi Bay (67%) and #15 Romantic Maid (67%)
- No filly has previous race experience at the Eagle Farm track
- The only fillies with a top three finish over the distance (2400m) are: #1 Ambience (1-0-1-0), #11 Ashlee Marie (1-0-0-1) and the emergency #21e Meru (2-0-0-1)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider Queensland Oaks 2016 tips.
In the meantime check out the full form below and head to Ladbrokes.com.au to open a new account quoting the code BETBONUS for up to $500 in bonus bets this winter!
2016 Queensland Oaks Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.