A capacity field of sixteen fillies will line up...
The season’s best three-year-old fillies face off at Randwick Racecourse this Saturday in the Australian Oaks 2016, a detailed form guide and betting preview for the classic found below.
Due to run as Randwick Race 6 at 2:35pm (AEDT) on the big 10-race Queen Elizabeth Stakes Day card for Day 2 of ‘The Championships’, a capacity field of 14 fillies will run in this year’s $1 million Group 1 ATC Australian Oaks (2400m).
Best in the Australian Oaks betting markets at Ladbrokes.com.au after some gun runs against the boys this time in including her ATC Derby second last Saturday is the Ciaron Maher-trained Jameka ($3.50) who won the Crown Oaks in the spring at Flemington.
Happy Hannah is the other early fancy in the Australian Oaks odds at $4.60 for Peter & Paul Snowden after the lightly-raced daughter of More Than Ready finished just a length away third in the Group 1 Vinery Stud Stakes (2000m) at Rosehill last start.
The other single figure hopes are all New Zealand-trained including Vinery Stud Stakes runner-up Valley Girl and Sofia Rosa who was second in the Group 1 NZ Oaks (2400m) last month.
Below we’ve done the hard work for readers and have the must know Australian Oaks facts and betting statistics before you place your bets at Ladbrokes.com.au!
2016 Australian Oaks Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Australian Oaks winner was the John Sargent-trained Gust Of Wind (2015) who came off a fourth in the Adrian Knox Stakes and jumped form barrier five (of 10) with Tye Angland aboard the $16 shot
- The former Australian Oaks winning trainers with a runner this year are: Donna Logan (3-1-0-0) who saddles-up #6 Valley Girl ($8.50) in partnership with Chris Gibbs, and Anthony Cummings (5-1-0-2) with #14 Believe ($61) and the second emergency #16e Aurora’s Star ($101)
- The previous Australian Oaks winning jockeys with a ride this year are: Hugh Bowman (8-2-0-3) on #7 Sofia Rosa ($8.50) and James McDonald (3-1-0-0) on #5 Ambience ($41)
- The Adrian Knox Stakes has produced two of the past three Australian Oaks winners with Gust Of Wind (4th) last year and Royal Descent (1st) who completed the double in 2013
- This year #8 Diamond Made ($31) is out to complete the Adrian Knox Stakes – ATC Oaks double
- The other Adrian Knox graduates backing up in the Oaks are: Alaskan Rose (2nd), first emergency Zasorceress (3rd), Sacred Eye (4th) and the second emergency Aurora’s Star (10th)
- Along with #8 Diamond Made (Group 3 Adrian Knox Stakes, 2000m, Randwick, 02/04/2016) the other last start winner in the mix is #2 Single Gaze (Group 1 Vinery Stud Stakes, 2000m, Rosehill, 26/03/2016)
- The Vinery Stud Stakes has produced three of the past six Australian Oaks winners most recently Rising Romance (4th) in 2014
- The other Vinery Stud Stakes graduates in the Oaks mix on Saturday are: Valley Girl (2nd), Happy Hannah (3rd), Self Esteem (4th), Capella (5th), Honesta (6th), Believe (9th) and Ambience (10th)
- No filly has run worse than fifth in her lead-up before winning the Australian Oaks however since Sunday Joy (ATC Derby 12th) in 2003
- Last year’s winning barrier (5) has produced a total of six winners (since 1983) making it the most successful gate in that time and belongs this year to #8 Diamond Made (5), but if the emergencies don’t get a run it will be #9 Alaskan Rose (6) jumping from barrier five
- The next most successful Australian Oaks barrier in that time with five winners is gate one drawn this year by #4 Sacred Eye
- Just two favourites have won the race in the past 10 years with Serenade Rose (2006) and Streama (2012); this year the favourite is #1 Jameka ($3.50)
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #14 Believe (50%) followed by #7 Sofia Rosa (44%) and #13 Happy Hannah (40%)
- The best Place Rate of the field belongs to #13 Happy Hannah (80%) followed by #1 Jameka (77%) and #14 Believe (75%)
- Proven over the distance (2400m) are: #1 Jameka (1-0-1-0) who also won the Crown Oaks over 2500m and #7 Sofia Rosa (1-0-1-0); #3 Honesta was also the Crown Oaks runner-up over 2500m
- The previous winners at the Randwick track are: #5 Ambience (2-1-0-0) and #8 Diamond Made (1-1-0-0); #3 Honesta is also a dual runner-up from three Randwick starts
- With the chance of a Heavy-rated track on Saturday the fillies proven on that going are: #1 Jameka (1-1-0-0), #12 Self Esteem (3-1-1-0), #16e Aurora’s Star (1-1-0-0), #3 Honesta (1-0-1-0), #5 Ambience (1-0-0-1), #8 Diamond Made (3-0-1-1) and #11 Chabaud (1-0-1-0)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au four our exclusive Australian Oaks 2016 betting tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime view the full form guide below and open your new account with the country’s leading online sportsbook Ladbrokes.com.au quoting the code BETBONUS to also enjoy up to $500 in bonuses!
2016 Australian Oaks Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.