The Chris Waller trained two year ods The...
The major race on the Royal Randwick card this Saturday for Day 1 of ‘The Championships’ is the Doncaster Mile 2016, a detailed form guide preview and betting rundown on the classic found below.
Chris Waller’s five-time Group 1 winning mare is $1.90 in the latest Doncaster Mile odds and comes off an easy win in the Group 1 George Ryder Stakes (1500m).
Waller is a master of the Doncaster Mile with five previous wins including the last three on the trot and looks set to collect more silverware on Saturday with his four-year-old daughter of Street Cry.
The only other runners under $10 to win are Waller’s defending Doncaster Mile winner Kermadec ($8) who was held by one and a half lengths on the line finishing second in the George Ryder and the market mover Azkadellia ($11 into $9) for Melbourne’s Ciaron Maher.
To see whether or not Winx really is bulletproof below we’ve got the must know Doncaster Mile form guide facts and statistics to help you uncover any value in the markets!
2016 Doncaster Mile Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Doncaster Mile winner was the Chris Waller-trained Kermadec who came off a third in the Group 1 George Ryder Stakes (1500m) and jumped from barrier 16 (of 20) on just 51kg with Glen Boss aboard
- Kermadec (2015) was Waller’s fifth Doncaster Mile winner joining: Triple Honour (2008), Rangirangdoo (2010) and Sacred Falls (2013-14)
- Waller returns this year with the odds-on favourite #3 Winx ($1.90) along with #1 Kermadec ($8) who chases back-to-back wins emulating stablemate Sacred Falls and #8 Good Project ($26)
- Along with Waller (26-5-2-2) the other previous Doncaster Mile winning trainers with a runner on Saturday are: John O’Shea (6-1-0-0) with #5 Bow Creek ($13) and the race’s most successful trainer Gai Waterhouse (46-7-4-4) with #9 Eucador ($81)
- Last year’s winning jockey Glen Boss (18-6-3-1) is the most successful Doncaster Mile hoop in recent history with six wins and chases back-to-back victories this year on #11 Azkadellia ($9)
- The other previous Doncaster Mile winning jockeys with a ride this season are: Zac Purton (6-1-0-0) on last year’s winner #1 Kermadec, Tommy Berry (5-1-0-1) on #6 First Seal and Tim Clark (7-1-0-0) on #9 Ecuador
- Last year’s winning barrier (16) has produced a total of four winners since 1983; this year the field only has 15 starters and the outside alley belongs to #13 Rudy
- The most successful Doncaster Mile barrier in that time with five winners is gate 12 that #11 Azkadellia jumps from this weekend
- Double-digit barriers have produced six of the past seven Doncaster Mile winners and those drawn out wide this year are: #7 Volkstok’n’barrell (10), #3 Winx (11), #11 Azkadellia (12), #12 He Or She (13), #9 Ecuador (14) and #13 Rudy (15)
- Three-year-olds have won twice in the past three years including Kermadec 12 months ago; there are no 3YOs in the race this year
- Five-year-olds have the best record in the past decade with three wins and the 5YOs in the mix in 2016 are: #5 Bow Creek, #10 Happy Clapper, #12 He Or She, #13 Rudy and #15 Vergara
- Mares have won twice in the past 10 years most recently More Joyous (2012); the mares looking to be the next on Saturday are: #3 Winx, #6 First Seal, #11 Azkadellia and #15 Vergara ($126)
- More Joyous (57.5kg) in 2012 is the last Doncaster Mile winner to carry more than 56.5kg to victory since Sunline (58kg in 2002)
- The top weights in the race on Saturday are #1 Kermadec and #2 Turn Me Loose ($26) on 57kg each
- The George Ryder Stakes has produced the past two Doncaster Mile winners, while the last to complete the double was Vision And Power (2009)
- The George Ryder Stakes graduates backing up on Saturday are: Winx (1st), Kermadec (2nd), First Seal (4th), Happy Clapper (5th) and Turn Me Loose (6th)
- Favourites have won three times in the past 10 years with More Joyous (11/4 in 2012) the last; #3 Winx is the favourite this season
- The last odds-on favourite to run in a Doncaster Mile was Valicare who won at 4/5 ($1.80) back in 1926
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #3 Winx (67%) followed by #2 Turn Me Loose (50%) and #12 He Or She (50%)
- The best Place Rate of the field belongs to #11 Azkadellia (92%) followed by #3 Winx (83%), #6 First Seal (79%) and #2 Turn Me Loose (79%)
- The horses with the best winning record over the distance (1600m) are: #2 Turn Me Loose (4-4-0-0), #14 Aomen (13-4-2-1), #1 Kermadec (6-3-2-0), #3 Winx (4-3-1-0), #12 He Or She (4-3-0-0), #7 Volkstok’n’barrell (4-3-0-0), #5 Bow Creek (13-3-2-1), #8 Good Project (6-3-1-1) and #13 Rudy (7-3-0-1)
- Those with the best Randwick track record are: #3 Winx (8-4-3-0), #10 Happy Clapper (5-3-0-0), #1 Kermadec (6-2-2-1), #6 First Seal (6-2-3-0) and #8 Good Project (8-2-3-2)
Stay tuned for our insider Doncaster Mile 2016 betting tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime read the full Doncaster Mile form guide below then head to our preferred online bookie Ladbrokes.com.au where first time depositing players only need to quote the code BETBONUS to enjoy up top $500 in bonus bets this season!
2016 Doncaster Mile Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.