The first of four Group 1 races at Royal Randwick for Saturday’s ‘The Championships’ kick-off sees the babies face off in the ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes 2016, a detailed form guide analysis and betting preview for which is found below.
The David Vandyke-trained filly Yankee Rose, who has been set specifically for this 1400m feature, is narrow favourite at $3.70 for the win in ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes betting.
She ran a slashing first-up second in the iconic Golden Slipper and will appreciate the extra metres here.
Next best at $3.90 is the John O’Shea-trained Slipper fourth placegetter Telperion whose run in the world’s richest race for two-year-olds was exceptional.
Add into the mix the Chris Waller-trained Omei Sword ($5.50) coming off a Magic Night second ahead of just her third start and the consistent Group 1 VRC Sires’ Produce winner over the distance last time out in Melbourne Seaburge ($8) and this is a cracking line-up.
That’s the betting picture but what about the Inglis Sires’ form guide, betting history and statistics?
2016 Inglis Sires’ Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes winner was the Peter & Paul Snowden-trained Pride Of Dubai (2015) who came off a Blue Diamond win in Melbourne and jumped from barrier 5 (of 10) with Hugh Bowman aboard
- Peter & Paul Snowden have two runners this year with #4 Attention ($19) and #5 Detective ($11); co-trainer Peter Snowden shooting for his third over-all win having a strong record as a solo trainer in the race (10-2-1-1)
- The other previous ATC Sires’ Produce winning trainers with a runner this year are: David Hayes (15-2-0-0) who prepares #3 Seaburge and #9 Zamzam in partnership with Tom Dabernig, and the race’s most successful trainer Gai Waterhouse (25-7-3-3) shooting for her seventh victory with $126 roughie #12 Sparkle
- Last year’s winning hoop Hugh Bowman (10-1-3-0) shoots for back-to-back victories aboard #2 Good Standing ($10)
- The other previous ATC Sires’ Produce winning jockeys with a ride on Saturday are: Blake Shinn (4-1-1-0) on #5 Detective and Zac Purton (1-1-0-0) on the favourite #8 Yankee Rose
- Last year’s winning barrier (5) has produced a total of five winners (since 1983) and belongs this year to #10 Faraway Town ($34)
- The most successful ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes barrier in that time with six winners is barrier one drawn on Saturday by #4 Attention (1)
- Two of the past four winners came off a win and the last start winners in the field this year are: #3 Seaburge (Group 2 VRC Sires’ Produce Stakes, 1400m, Flemington, 12/03/2016), #4 Attention (Group 3 Baillieu Stakes, 1400m, Rosehill, 26/03/2016) and #9 Zamzam (Listed St Albans Stakes, 1200m, Moonee Valley, 18/03/2016)
- The Golden Slipper has produced more ATC Sires’ Produce winners than any other lead-up including two in the past four years with the Pierro (2012) the last to complete the double
- The Golden Slipper graduates backing up in this year’s race are: Yankee Rose (2nd), Telperion (4th), Good Standing (10th)
- Favourites have a poor recent record in the race with just two winning in the past decade and the latest being Sebring (2008)
- This year the two fighting for top spot in betting are #8 Yankee Rose ($3.70) and #1 Telperion ($3.90)
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #3 Seaburge (67%) and #8 Yankee Rose (67%)
- Five runners are yet to finish out of the money boasting a perfect 100% Place Rate: #3 Seaburge, #5 Detective, #7 Rivo Boy, #8 Yankee Rose and #11 Omei Sword
- The only previous winners over the distance (1400m) are: #3 Seaburge (1-1-0-0) and #4 Attention (1-1-0-0); the others to run over the distance are: #5 Detective (1-0-1-0) and #6 Chimboraa (2-0-1-1)
- At the track (Randwick) the past winners are: #1 Telperion (2-1-0-0) and #2 Good Standing (1-1-0-0)
Stay tuned for our insider 2016 Inglis Sires’ betting tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime why not treat yourself to up to $500 in bonus bets by opening a new account at Ladbrokes.com.au, making your first deposit and quoting the code BETBONUS!