Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
The first of four Group 1 races at Royal Randwick for Saturday’s ‘The Championships’ kick-off sees the babies face off in the ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes 2016, a detailed form guide analysis and betting preview for which is found below.
The David Vandyke-trained filly Yankee Rose, who has been set specifically for this 1400m feature, is narrow favourite at $3.70 for the win in ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes betting.
She ran a slashing first-up second in the iconic Golden Slipper and will appreciate the extra metres here.
Next best at $3.90 is the John O’Shea-trained Slipper fourth placegetter Telperion whose run in the world’s richest race for two-year-olds was exceptional.
Add into the mix the Chris Waller-trained Omei Sword ($5.50) coming off a Magic Night second ahead of just her third start and the consistent Group 1 VRC Sires’ Produce winner over the distance last time out in Melbourne Seaburge ($8) and this is a cracking line-up.
That’s the betting picture but what about the Inglis Sires’ form guide, betting history and statistics?
2016 Inglis Sires’ Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes winner was the Peter & Paul Snowden-trained Pride Of Dubai (2015) who came off a Blue Diamond win in Melbourne and jumped from barrier 5 (of 10) with Hugh Bowman aboard
- Peter & Paul Snowden have two runners this year with #4 Attention ($19) and #5 Detective ($11); co-trainer Peter Snowden shooting for his third over-all win having a strong record as a solo trainer in the race (10-2-1-1)
- The other previous ATC Sires’ Produce winning trainers with a runner this year are: David Hayes (15-2-0-0) who prepares #3 Seaburge and #9 Zamzam in partnership with Tom Dabernig, and the race’s most successful trainer Gai Waterhouse (25-7-3-3) shooting for her seventh victory with $126 roughie #12 Sparkle
- Last year’s winning hoop Hugh Bowman (10-1-3-0) shoots for back-to-back victories aboard #2 Good Standing ($10)
- The other previous ATC Sires’ Produce winning jockeys with a ride on Saturday are: Blake Shinn (4-1-1-0) on #5 Detective and Zac Purton (1-1-0-0) on the favourite #8 Yankee Rose
- Last year’s winning barrier (5) has produced a total of five winners (since 1983) and belongs this year to #10 Faraway Town ($34)
- The most successful ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes barrier in that time with six winners is barrier one drawn on Saturday by #4 Attention (1)
- Two of the past four winners came off a win and the last start winners in the field this year are: #3 Seaburge (Group 2 VRC Sires’ Produce Stakes, 1400m, Flemington, 12/03/2016), #4 Attention (Group 3 Baillieu Stakes, 1400m, Rosehill, 26/03/2016) and #9 Zamzam (Listed St Albans Stakes, 1200m, Moonee Valley, 18/03/2016)
- The Golden Slipper has produced more ATC Sires’ Produce winners than any other lead-up including two in the past four years with the Pierro (2012) the last to complete the double
- The Golden Slipper graduates backing up in this year’s race are: Yankee Rose (2nd), Telperion (4th), Good Standing (10th)
- Favourites have a poor recent record in the race with just two winning in the past decade and the latest being Sebring (2008)
- This year the two fighting for top spot in betting are #8 Yankee Rose ($3.70) and #1 Telperion ($3.90)
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #3 Seaburge (67%) and #8 Yankee Rose (67%)
- Five runners are yet to finish out of the money boasting a perfect 100% Place Rate: #3 Seaburge, #5 Detective, #7 Rivo Boy, #8 Yankee Rose and #11 Omei Sword
- The only previous winners over the distance (1400m) are: #3 Seaburge (1-1-0-0) and #4 Attention (1-1-0-0); the others to run over the distance are: #5 Detective (1-0-1-0) and #6 Chimboraa (2-0-1-1)
- At the track (Randwick) the past winners are: #1 Telperion (2-1-0-0) and #2 Good Standing (1-1-0-0)
Stay tuned for our insider 2016 Inglis Sires’ betting tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime why not treat yourself to up to $500 in bonus bets by opening a new account at Ladbrokes.com.au, making your first deposit and quoting the code BETBONUS!
2016 Inglis’ Sires Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.