The feature race in Sydney this Saturday is the Coolmore Classic 2016 for fillies and mares at Rosehill Gardens, a detailed form guide analysis and betting preview for which is detailed below.
Thirteen female gallopers are in the mix for this season’s $600,000 Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1500m), the handicap clash running as Rosehill Race 7 at 4:10pm (AEDT).
Sitting top of the latest Coolmore Classic odds at Ladbrokes.com.au paying $4.60 for the win is the John O’Shea-trained filly Ghisoni out to become the first three-year-old to take it out since Typhoon Tracy (2009).
Saturday is the daughter of Lonhro’s first elite level assignment after she only just debuted in Group company last start for her February 27 Randwick win in the Group 2 Surround Stakes (1400m).
She has now won all three of her starts so far and is tipped to keep the winning streak going in the Coolmore Classic.
The big dangers in Coolmore Classic betting are the market mover Azkadellia ($6 into $4.80) coming a Melbourne win in the Group 3 Mannerism Stakes (1400m) and the Gerald Ryan-trained Guy Walter winner last start Solicit ($6).
That’s the story the bookies are telling but below we’ve done the hard work for our readers going over the full Coolmore Classic form guide, betting history and statistics to come up with the must know facts and stats before placing your bet!
2016 Coolmore Classic Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Coolmore Classic winner was Peter Moody’s six-year-old Plucky Belle (2015) who jumped at $15 on the back of a second in the Millie Fox Stakes from barrier eight (of 13) with Linda Meech in the saddle
- This year Moody is without a runner and the only previous Coolmore Classic winning trainer with a shot is Ron Quinton (9-1-0-0) with #6 Peeping ($15)
- The previous Coolmore Classic winning jockeys with a ride on Saturday are: Kathy O’Hara (4-1-0-0) aboard #9 Zanbagh and Corey Brown (13-1-3-0) on #12 Ghisoni
- Last year’s winning barrier (8) has produced two winners (since 1983) and belongs this year to #12 Ghisoni ($4.60)
- The most successful Coolmore Classic barriers in that time producing four winners each are 2, 7 and 14; this year there are 13 runners and barriers 2 and 7 belong to #13 Pearls ($26) and #1 Lucia Valentina ($16) respectively
- No Coolmore Classic winner has run worse than fourth in their lead-up run since Eskimo Queen (2008); this year the runners who finished top four last start are: #3 Solicit, #6 Peeping, #7 Azkadellia, #8 Telepathic, #9 Zanbagh, #11 Vergara, #12 Ghisoni and #13 Pearls
- There are three last start winners among those with: #3 Solicit (Group 2 Guy Walter Stakes, 1400m, Randwick, 27/02/2016), #7 Azkadellia (Group 3 Mannerism Stakes, 1400m, Caulfield, 27/02/2016) and #12 Ghisoni (Group 2 Surround Stakes, 1400m, Randwick, 27/02/2016)
- #12 Ghisoni is out to achiever the Surround Stakes – Coolmore Classic double without another run since Regal Cheer (2006)
- #12 Ghisoni is also the current Coolmore Classic betting favourite and the last favourite to salute for the punters was Typhoon Tracy (2009) who was also the last filly to win
- Before Typhoon Track the other most recent favourite to win was Bollinger (2003)
- Three six-year-olds have won the race in the past six years including the last two – Steps In Time (2014) and Plucky Belle (2015); there are no 6YOs in the race on Saturday
- Three of the past six Coolmore Classic winners jumped at double-figure odds; this year that rules out the three single-figure hopes #12 Ghisoni, #7 Azkadellia and #3 Solicit
- The best Win / Place Rate of the field belongs to #12 Ghisoni (100%) followed by #7 Azkadellia (91%), #6 Peeping (77%) #3 Solicit (59%) and #8 Telepathic (58%)
- The horses with previous winning form at the Rosehill track are: #6 Peeping (4-3-0-0), #8 Telepathic (5-2-2-1), #1 Lucia Valentina (4-1-0-1), #3 Solicit (3-1-2-0), #11 Vergara (5-1-1-0), #9 Zanbagh (3-1-0-0) and #12 Ghisoni (1-1-0-0)
- Those with the best record over the distance (1500m) are: #11 Vergara (3-2-1-0), #8 Telepathic (2-1-1-0), #2 Politeness (1-1-0-0) and #3 Solicit (1-1-0-0)
See below for the full Coolmore Classic 2016 form guide, staying tuned for our insider tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime treat yourself with up to $500 in bonuses by opening a new account at Ladbrokes.com.au, depositing and quoting the exclusive code BETBONUS!