Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Elite level racing for another Melbourne Autumn Racing Carnival kicks off at Caulfield this weekend with the CF Orr Stakes 2016, a detailed form guide and betting analysis for which is detailed below.
Due to jump as Caulfield Race 7 at 4:30pm (AEDT), this season’s $500,000 Group 1 Ladbrokes C.F. Orr Stakes (1400m) features a full field of 18 gallopers including 13 individual Group 1 winners.
Only three of the weight-for-age runners in the CF Orr Stakes field are at single figures to win in betting through Ladbrokes.com.au including the current $4.60 favourite Lucky Hussler.
Jumping from barrier eight with Glen Boss in the saddle on the back of a first-up win in the Magic Millions Cup (1400m) at the Gold Coast last month, Darren Weir’s Husson six-year-old looks to continue the form with another Caulfield win.
His last start at the track produced a win in the Group 1 Toorak Handicap (1600m) and he drops from 60.5kg to 59kg here.
The other hopes under $10 in CF Orr Stakes betting are the returning Emirates Stakes winner Turn Me Loose ($4.80) and the Chris Waller-trained track Boban ($8.50) out wide in gate 13 shooting for his sixth top level win.
That’s the story the bookies are telling but what about the C.F. Orr Stakes form guide, betting facts and historical statistics?
2016 CF Orr Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s CF Orr Stakes winner was the Peter Moody-trained Dissident (2015) who came off a third in the Group 2 Australia Stakes (1200m) first-up at Moonee Valley, jumped from barrier 7 (of 15) and saluted for the punters as the race favourite with Ben Melham in the saddle
- Moody has won five of the past six editions of the CF Orr Stakes but is without a runner in 2016
- Dissident (7/4) was the sixth CF Orr Stakes favourite in as many years to win and this year the two top fancies in betting are #4 Lucky Hussler ($4.60) and #7 Turn Me Loose ($4.80)
- Last year’s winning hoop Ben Melham (3-1-0-0) goes for back-to-back wins this year aboard one of the early market movers #13 Bow Creek ($10)
- The other previous CF Orr Stakes winning jockeys with a ride this year are: Dwayne Dunn (8-1-1-1) on #12 Entirely Platinum, Craig Newitt (7-1-1-1) on #14 Red Bomber, Stephen Baster (8-1-0-3) on #15 Awesome Rock and dual winner Damien Oliver (17-2-5-0) on #18 Fenway
- The previous CF Orr Stakes winning trainers with a runner this year are: John Hawkes (8-2-0-0) who saddles-up #11 Messene and #13 Entirely Platinum in partnership with sons Michael and Wayne with the Hawkes Racing Team (5-1-1-0) also enjoying a previous win in the race, Mick Price (12-1-4-1) with #14 Red Bomber, and David Hayes (15-1-2-4) who saddles-up #16 Rising Romance in partnership with nephew Tom Dabernig
- Last year’s winning barrier (7) has produced a total of four CF Orr Stakes winners (since 1983) and belongs this year to #6 Mourinho ($26)
- The most successful CF Orr Stakes barriers in that time with six winners each are 1, 4 and 5 drawn this year by #17 Suavito ($15), #5 Rebel Dane ($17) and #11 Messene ($26) respectively
- No CF Orr Stakes winner has run worse than third in the lead-up since Perfect Promise (2006) who ran sixth the previous October in the Epsom Handicap
- The horses that finished in the money last start in this year’s field are: #4 Lucky Hussler, #5 Rebel Dane, #7 Turn Me Loose, #11 Messene, #15 Awesome Rock and #18 Fenway
- Mares have won four times over the past 10 years and there are three in the mix this year: #16 Rising Romance ($34), #17 Suavito ($15) and #18 Fenway ($21)
- The Australia Stakes has produced four of the past five CF Orr Stakes winners including Dissident (3rd in 2015)
- This year the CF Orr hopes coming out of the Australia Stakes are: #5 Rebel Dane (3rd), #8 Hucklebuck (4th), #9 Trust In A Gust (5th) and #6 Mourinho (7th)
- Five-year-olds have won four of the past 10 CF Orr Stakes and the 5YOs in the mix this year are: #8 Hucklebuck, #9 Trust In A Gust, #13 Bow Creek, #14 Red Bomber, #16 Rising Romance and #17 Suavito
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #7 Turn Me Loose (55%) followed by #8 Hucklebuck (53%), #14 Red Bomber (53%) and #9 Trust In A Gust (50%)
- The best Place Rate of the field also belongs to #7 Turn Me Loose (91%) followed by #9 Trust In A Gust (80%) and #17 Suavito (78%)
- Horses with the best winning form at the track (Caulfield) are: #9 Trust In A Gust (7-4-1-1), #6 Mourinho (9-3-1-2), #10 Stratum Star (8-3-0-2), #14 Red Bomber (5-3-0-0), #17 Suavito (6-3-1-2), #1 Fawkner (5-2-2-0), #3 Boban (4-2-0-0) and #4 Lucky Hussler (4-2-1-0)
- Horses with the best winning record over the distance (1400m) are: #3 Boban (14-6-3-0), #12 Entirely Platinum (8-4-2-0), #1 Fawkner (6-3-0-0), #4 Lucky Hussler (15-3-2-1), #8 Hucklebuck (5-3-0-0), #9 Trust In A Gust (5-3-0-0), #10 Stratum Star (7-3-1-2), #11 Messene (7-3-1-1), #14 Red Bomber (4-3-0-0) and #17 Suavito (8-3-2-2)
Stay tuned for our insider CF Orr Stakes 2016 betting tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime head along to Ladbrokes.com.au and open a new account quoting the exclusive code BETBONUS to enjoy having your first deposit matched 100% up to $500 in bonus bets!
2016 CF Orr Stakes Form Guide
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.