Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Flemington Race 7 steals the show this afternoon at 3:00pm (AEST) with a capacity field of 24 stayers facing off in the 2015 Melbourne Cup, the Races.com.au’s exclusive two-word form guide on the two mile classic detailed below.
The richest handicap race in the world, this year’s edition of the $6.2 million Group 1 Emirates Melbourne Cup (3200m) features a record 11 international raiders plus a host of well-backed local hopes looking to add their name to the Melbourne Cup winners list.
Favourite to do so and salute for Japan for a second time after the success of Delta Blues (2006) is the Yoshitada Munakata-trained Fame Game ($4.60), runner-up in the Group 1 Tenno Sho over the two miles back home.
He debuted down under with a sixth in the Caulfield Cup when held up for a run until finally seeing air 150m from the line to reel off speedy late sectionals and fly home for sixth.
What beats the Melbourne Cup favourite? The punters are coming for the British raider Trip To Paris ($7.50) who is the early market mover and was runner-up in the Caulfield Cup.
Ed Dunlop trains the Ascot Gold Cup winning Champs Elysees gelding and has saddled-up Red Cadeaux, the now 10-year-old a crowd favourite at $31 in Melbourne Cup betting this year, for a trio of Melbourne Cup seconds over the past four years.
The best backed of the local stayers is the Chris Waller-trained Turnbull Stakes winner Preferment ($10) out to become just the seventh four-year-old in the past 30 years to take out the ‘Loving Trophy’.
With so many chances in a full field coming off various form lines, earlier in the week we published our comprehensive 2015 Melbourne Cup Form Guide and Betting Preview.
But to more concisely sum-up the hopes of this year’s Melbourne Cup horses so you know who to back and who to sack in the ‘race that stops a nation’ at a glance, check out our two-word Melbourne Cup form guide.
2015 Melbourne Cup Two Word Form Guide
- Snow Sky ($51) – Will Melt
- Criterion ($17) – Distance Query
- Fame Game ($4.80) – Deserving Favourite
- Our Ivanhowe ($19) – Top Roughie
- Big Orange ($61) – Juicy Odds
- Hartnell ($31) – Forgotten Horse
- Hokko Brave ($41) – Wrong Japanese
- Max Dynamite ($11) – Could Explode
- Red Cadeaux ($31) – Perennial Bridesmaid
- Trip To Paris ($7.50) – Oui! Oui!
- Who Shot Thebarman ($21) – Trifecta Chance
- Sky Hunter ($34) – Keep Hunting
- The Offer ($13) – Make One
- Grand Marshal ($51) – Wrong Waller
- Preferment ($10) – Waller’s Winner
- Quest For More ($101) – Distance Specialist
- Almoonqith ($18) – Geelong Form
- Kingfisher ($41) – No Bait
- Prince Of Penzance ($101) – No Crown
- Bondi Beach ($21) – Surf’s Up
- Sertorius ($151) – Likes Distance
- The United States ($21) – Dude Ranch
- Excess Knowledge ($31) – Lexus Winner
- Gust Of Wind ($34) – Will Blow
Think you’ve uncovered the Melbourne Cup winner in 2015? Then head to Ladbrokes.com.au and place your bets at the bookie offering first time depositing players up to $700 in bonus bets with use of the promo code SPRINGBONUS!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.