This Saturday in Melbourne the famous Flemington Racecourse is host to the opening Melbourne Cup Carnival meeting with an all-black type program headlined by the 2015 Victoria Derby – the exclusive Races.com.au two-word form guide on the three-year-olds’ staying classic found below.
A full field of 16 will face off in Flemington Race 7 at 3:50pm (AEST) on Saturday afternoon for this year’s $1.5 million Group 1 AAMI Victoria Derby (2500m) and only Ladbrokes.com.au are offering Best Tote or SP + 20% on the feature plus all eight support acts on the card!
Short-priced favourite to salute for the punters in a VRC Derby for the first time since Efficient (2006) is the Mick Price-trained colt Tarzino ($2.50) drawn in gate 10 with Craig Newitt in the saddle on the back of a Moonee Valley Vase third last weekend.
The youngster pulled off incredible late sectionals with his Vase run and is tipped to relish the extra metres this weekend to become the first Victoria Derby winner to come out of the Vase since Lion Tamer (2nd in 2010).
The only other single figure fancy in Victoria Derby betting is one of the market movers, Adam Durrant’s Perth-raced Kia Ora Koutou backed in from $8 to $7.50 to keep his undefeated record in check with a fifth win at his first run outside of WA from the inside alley.
The value bets in the Victoria Derby markets are shaping up as Caulfield Guineas – Norman Robinson Stakes runner-up Lizard Island ($10), David Hayes & Tom Dabernig’s Geelong Classic winner Extra Choice ($12) and the John O’Shea-trained MV Vase runner-up Shards ($14).
Earlier in the week we published our extensive 2015 Victoria Derby Form Guide & Betting Preview.
With a bumper line-up of class three-year-olds with claims and upsets a plenty in the race, we’ve summed up the chances of all 16 (plus the emergency) Victoria Derby horses in just two words so you can sort the pretenders from the genuine contenders before placing your bets at Ladbrokes.com.au!
2015 Victoria Derby Two Word Form Guide
- Lizard Island ($10) – Second Again?
- Shards ($14) – Bowman Aboard
- Kia Ora Koutou ($7.50) – Say Hi
- Ayers Rock ($26) – Flemington Winner
- Man Of Choice ($21) – Sydney Form
- Extra Choice ($12) – Geelong Classic
- Tarzino ($2.50) – Favourites’ Hoodoo
- Get The Picture ($11) – Oliver Factor
- Etymology ($17) – Right Origin
- Jadeer ($26) – Hawkes Swooper
- Palace Tycoon ($61) – Won’t Rule
- Scadden’s Run ($71) – Not Ready
- Pay Up Bro ($14) – Could Collect
- Colonel Custer ($31) – Not Commanding
- Red Alto ($101) – No Rebel
- Iron Boss ($51) – Well Bred
- Bullish Stock ($101) – Not Confident
Decided on the likely Victoria Derby winner you want to load up on this Spring? Then head to our number one recommended bookie Ladbrokes.com.au and quote the code BONUS150 when you deposit just $50 to enjoy a total of $200 to bet with this weekend!