Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
This weekend in Adelaide two female-only Group 1s highlight the autumn action at Morphettville Racecourse including the Robert Sangster Stakes 2015, a detailed form guide analysis and betting preview for the weight-for-age feature detailed below.
Running as Race 7 with a 3:58pm (local) kick-off time, this year’s $400,000 Group 1 Robert Sangster Stakes (1200m) field features 17 hopefuls including four at single figures to win through Ladbrokes.com.au.
Vain Queen is the current $4.60 top fancy, John Sadler’s five-year-old coming off a nice second to Lucky Hussler in the Group 1 William Reid Stakes (1200m) at Moonee Valley a month back.
She is out wide (13) but has had a freshen-up and the distance is her preferred so she should be firing.
The main dangers according to the bookies and their Robert Sangster Stakes odds are the former Blue Diamond Stakes winner Miracles Of Life ($5) returning to her inaugural state SA, Avoid Lightning ($7) looking to become the first 6YO winner of the race in the past 30 years and market mover Politeness ($8.50) smashed in from double figures by the punters.
So will of the first four in betting get the job done or does the Robert Sangster Stakes form guide and betting history reveal an upset, value bet for you to get behind this autumn?
2015 Robert Sangster Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Robert Sangster Stakes winner was the Gai Waterhouse-trained Driefontein who came off a win in the Group 3 RN Irwin Stakes at the same track and was ridden by Vlad Duric from barrier 10 (of 12)
- Waterhouse is without a runner this year but the former Robert Sangster winning trainers with a chance in 2015 are Darren Weir (4-1-1-0) with #3 Platelet and Peter Moody (9-1-1-0) with #9 Runway Star
- Platelet (2013) won for Weir two years ago, ran second last year and is back again looking to become the first dual Robert Sangster Stakes winner in history
- Last year’s winning barrier (10) on Saturday belongs to #16 Sabatini ($11)
- Lee & Shannon Hope’s Sabatini is one of two three-year-old fillies in the race along with #17 Wawail ($18); the last 3YO Robert Sangster Stakes winner was Rostova (2010) who joined Universal Queen (2007) and Alinghi (2005) as the three youngsters to beat the older mares in the past 10 years
- Former Robert Sangster Stakes winning jockeys with a runner this year are: Dwayne Dunn (14-1-1-1) riding #7 Politeness, Ben Melham (4-1-0-0) on #8 Tycoon Tara, Damien Oliver (5-1-2-0) aboard #9 Runway Star and Stephen Baster (5-1-0-0) on #10 I Love It
- Driefontein came off a win 12 months ago leading into the Robert Sangster and this year there are three last start winners in the mix with Avoid Lightning (Group 2 Sapphire Stakes, 1200m, Randwick, 11/04/2015), Politeness (Listed Bel Esprit Stakes, 1100m, Caulfield, 18/04/2015) and Fine Approach (BM80, 1200m, Morphettville, 18/04/2015)
- The Irwin Stakes has produced the past two Robert Sangster Stakes winners and this year the chances coming out of that lead-up race are Magnifisio (4th), Platelet (6th) and Scarlet Billows (7th)
- In the past 10 years four-year-olds have won 5 times and this year the 4YOs in the mix are #1 Miracles Of Life, #6 Gregers, #7 Politeness, #8 Tycoon Tara, #9 Runway Star, #10 I Love It, #12 Miss Steele, #13 Scarlet Billows and #14 Fine Approach
- #17 Wawail (71%) boasts the highest Win Rate followed by #2 Magnifisio (50%) and #5 Vain Queen (50%)
- The highest Place Rate also belongs to #17 Wawail (100%) who is yet to finish out of the money in her seven starts followed by #16 Sabatini (80%), #14 Fine Approach (79%) and #2 Magnifisio (79%)
- Hopefuls with the best record at the track are: #14 Fine Approach (7-3-0-3), #1 Miracles Of Life (5-2-2-0), #3 Platelet (7-2-4-0), #4 Avoid Lightning (5-2-0-1), #15 Natural Disaster (18-3-1-5), #9 Runway Star (1-1-0-0) and #12 Miss Steele (1-1-0-0)
- Over the distance those with the best record are: #2 Magnifisio (13-7-3-1), #3 Platelet (14-6-3-0), #14 Fine Approach (9-6-0-3), #13 Scarlet Billows (9-4-3-0), #4 Avoid Lightning (8-3-1-0), #9 Runway Star (5-3-0-1), #10 I Love It (5-2-1-1), #1 Miracles Of Life (6-2-1-0), #7 Politeness (4-2-0-1), #5 Vain Queen (5-2-1-0) and #6 Gregers (7-2-0-1)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider Robert Sangster Stakes 2015 betting tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime get behind your own selections online at the best price through Ladbrokes.com.au – home of this season’s $250 free bonus bet offer for first time depositing players that quote the code BETBONUS!
2015 Robert Sangster Stakes Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.