Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
This weekend Sydney’s autumn racing action continues post-The Championships with the All Aged Stakes 2015 stealing the spotlight at Royal Randwick, a detailed form guide and betting analysis on the star-studded field found below.
A host of Group 1 winning weight-for-age hopefuls feature among the 13 final acceptors for this year’s $400,000 Group 1 Schweppes All Aged Stakes (1400m), set to run as Randwick Race 6 at 3:45pm (AEST).
Clear favourite in the latest All Aged Stakes betting markets at Ladbrokes.com.au paying $3 for the win is the rails-drawn, Team Hawkes-trained four-year-old Chautauqua.
Tommy Berry rides the in-form Encosta De Lago stallion who comes off a string of top autumn runs including his last start and final stride win in the Group 1 TJ Smith Stakes (1200m) at the same track on April 6.
It was a narrow win that day to see Chautauqua break his Group 1 maiden status and he’s now favourite to win another elite level when he races over for the first time since a fifth to Cosmic Endeavour in the Inglis 3YO Guineas at Scone last May.
Favourites have won six of the past 10 All Aged Stakes however so this year’s top fancy is statistically a good chance at success.
The other single figure hopefuls out for an upset are then Darley Classic winner Terravista ($6), last start William Reid Stakes champ in Melbourne Lucky Hussler ($6.50), Caulfield Guineas winner from the spring Shooting To Win ($7.50) and fellow gun three-year-old Wandjina ($8) coming off an Australian Guineas victory over the Flemington mile.
That’s the bookies’ line-up but where is the value at after examining the All Aged Stakes 2015 field, form guide and betting history?
2015 All Aged Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s All Aged Stakes winner was the Kazuhiro Kato-trained Japanese mare Hana’s Goal who came off a sixth in the Doncaster Mile and jumped from barrier six (of eight) with Nash Rawiller aboard
- There are no international raiders or mares in the mix this year and Nash Rawiller is without a ride
- Last year’s winning barrier (6) on Saturday belongs to #2 Dissident ($10) who is looking to become the third to salute from the gate (since 1983)
- In that time the most successful All Aged Stakes barrier with a bumper nine wins including three in the past five years is barrier seven; gate seven on Saturday belongs to #7 Laser Hawk ($41)
- The next best barriers are then 1 (six wins) and 4 (five wins) belonging in 2015 to #1 Chautauqua ($3) and #13 Scissor Kick ($15) respectively
- Previous All Aged Stakes winning jockeys with a ride on Saturday are: Glen Boss (12-2-1-0) on #4 Lucky Hussler, Damien Oliver (10-2-0-2) on #12 Wandjina, Hugh Bowman (9-1-0-2) on #3 Terravista and Tim Clark (2-1-0-0) on #11 Shooting To Win
- Previous All Aged Stakes winning trainers with a runner this year are: Gai Waterhouse (20-4-1-3) with #12 Wandjina, John Hawkes (12-1-2-4) who prepares #1 Chautauqua with sons Michael and Wayne – Team Hawkes as a trio having saddled up three previous starters for a win and a third; Chris Waller (9-1-1-0) with #8 Weary and John O’Shea (3-1-0-0) with #10 Generalife
- Three-year-olds have won six times (since 1983) including two in the past three years with Atlantic Jewel (2012) and All Too Hard (2013); 3YOs in the mix this year are: #11 Shooting To Win ($7.50), #12 Wandjina ($8) and #13 Scissor Kick ($15)
- The TJ Smith Stakes has produced four of the past 10 All Aged Stakes winners
- The last TJ Smith Stakes – All Aged Stakes double winner was Bentley Biscuit (2007) with #1 Chautauqua out to be the next in 2015
- Other TJ Smith Stakes graduates backing up on Saturday are: Terravista (3rd), Fontelina (4th) and Famous Seamus (7th)
- Last start winners have saluted in two of the past three All Aged Stakes
- Along with the TJ Smith Stakes champ the other last start winners in the All Aged this year are: #4 Lucky Hussler (Group 1 William Reid Stakes, 1200m, Moonee Valley, 27/03/2015), #7 Laser Hawk (Group 3 Newcastle Newmarket Handicap, 1400m, Newcastle, 18/03/2015), #10 Generalife (Group 3 St Kingdom Stakes, 1200m, Rosehill, 28/03/2015) and #12 Wandjina (Group 1 Australian Guineas, 1600m, Flemington, 07/03/2015)
- Randwick is currently rated a Soft (5) and with more rain coming it will be a Soft, rain-affected track for the weekend
- Horses with the best Soft track form in the field are: #3 Terravista (5-2-1-1), #4 Rebel Dane (4-2-0-0), #9 Fontelina (8-2-1-0), #1 Chautauqua (2-1-0-0), #12 Wandjina (2-1-0-0), #2 Dissident (4-1-2-0) and #8 Weary (6-1-3-1)
- #3 Terravista (60%) easily boasts the best Win Rate followed by #1 Chautauqua (46%) and #13 Scissor Kick (44%)
- #1 Chautauqua (85%) has the highest Place Rate followed by #3 Terravista (80%), #2 Dissident (70%) and #11 Shooting To Win (70%)
- At the track (Randwick) horses with the best form are: #3 Terravista (5-4-0-1), #6 Famous Seamus (11-3-0-3), #13 Scissor Kick (2-2-0-0), #2 Dissident (4-1-1-0) and #1 Chautauqua (2-1-0-0)
- Over the distance (1400m) the best winning form belongs to: #10 Generalife (12-4-1-3), #2 Dissident (6-3-2-1), #9 Fontelina (6-2-2-0), #4 Lucky Hussler (12-2-2-1), #5 Rebel Dane (6-2-1-0), #7 Laser Hawk (5-2-1-0), #8 Weary (9-1-3-2), #1 Chautauqua (2-1-0-0) and #3 Terravista (1-1-0-0)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our inside All Aged Stakes 2015 betting tips up shortly.
Before then lock in your own selections for the weekend’s major at Ladbrokes.com.au who are offering BEST TOTE or SP + 20% on BOTH Group 1s in Sydney on Saturday!
2015 All Aged Stakes Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.