Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
This Saturday in Sydney the major of the four Group 1s is the Queen Elizabeth Stakes 2015, a detailed form guide and betting preview for the $4 million classic found below.
A final field of 13 gallopers are set to face off in this year’s Group 1 Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2000m), the weight-for-age feature due to jump as Royal Randwick Race 9 at 4:35pm (AEST) on Day 2 of The Championships.
Leading the latest Queen Elizabeth Stakes odds at Ladbrokes.com.au, who are offering Best Tote or SP + 20% on the four Group 1s this weekend, is the John O’Shea-trained Godolphin import Contriubter ($3.50 out to $3.70).
The flying High Chaparral five-year-old shoots for his fourth win on the trot this Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival and his third straight Group 1 following success in the Chipping Norton Stakes (1600m) and Ranvet Stakes (2000m).
He has suffered an early blow with a wide barrier 13 draw, barrier 12 the widest any Queen Elizabeth Stakes winner has jumped from in the past 30 years, but remains the punters’ pick.
Contributer is followed closely in Queen Elizabeth Stakes betting at Ladbrokes by Japan’s To The World ($4), drawn better in gate five with Zac Purton to ride, coming off a second to Hartnell in the Group 1 The BMW (2400m) from March 28.
Other single figure hopes for the win include ultra-consistent Sebring four-year-old Criterion ($7.50), the second Japanese raider in the field Tosen Stardom ($8) and Chris Waller’s Cox Plate winner Adelaide ($8.50) who won’t appreciate the wet track should the rain continue to play havoc on the autumn line-up.
That’s the current Queen Elizabeth Stakes betting picture, but what about the race history and form guide?
2015 Queen Elizabeth Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Queen Elizabeth Stakes winner was the Murray Baker-trained It’s A Dundeel (2014) who came off a second in The BMW, jumped from barrier one and was ridden by James McDonald
- This year James McDonald shoots for back-to-back wins aboard race favourite #1 Contributer ($3.70)
- Along with McDonald (1-1-0-0) the other former Queen Elizabeth Stakes winning jockeys with a ride this weekend are: Damien Oliver (12-4-1-2) aboard #3 Happy Trails, Glen Boss (12-2-1-3) aboard #8 Aomen and Hugh Bowman (8-1-2-0) on #13 Lucia Valentina
- Last year’s winning barrier (1) has produced four Queen Elizabeth Stakes winners (since 1983) and belongs this year to #6 Beaten Up ($26)
- The most successful Queen Elizabeth Stakes barrier in history with six wins is barrier six with #7 Spillway ($21) jumping from the gate this year
- Other top barriers statistically are then two and four with five wins each, which belong this year to the race roughie #8 Aomen ($201) and #2 Criterion ($7.50) respectively
- The BMW has produced four of the past 10 Queen Elizabeth Stakes winners including It’s A Dundeel (2nd) last year and the horses coming via the race this year are: To The World (2nd), Beaten Up (3rd) and Lucia Valentina (7th)
- Previous Queen Elizabeth Stakes winning trainers with a runner this year are: Chris Waller (12-2-2-1) with #6 Beaten Up, #9 Adelaide and #12 Royal Descent; and Anthony Cummings (4-1-0-0) with #5 Fiveandahalfstar and #8 Aomen
- Four Queen Elizabeth Stakes favourites have won in the past 10 years most recently More Joyous (2012) with #1 Contriubter looking to be the next this weekend
- There are three last start winners in the mix with #1 Contributer (Group 1 Ranvet Stakes, 2000m, Rosehill, 21/03/2015), #7 Spillway (Group 1 Australian Cup, 2000m, Flemington, 14/03/2015) and #9 Adelaide (Group 1 Cox Plate, 2040m, Moonee Valley, 25/10/2014)
- #1 Contriubter (57%) boasts the highest Win Rate of the field followed by #9 Adelaide (50%) and #11 Tosen Stardom (44%)
- The best Place Rate then belongs to #9 Adelaide (100%) who is yet to finish out of the money followed by #10 To The World (82%) and #1 Contributer (79%)
- At the track (Randwick) horses with the best form are: #1 Contributer (1-1-0-0), #2 Criterion (8-1-2-2), #7 Spillway (2-1-0-0), #8 Aomen (2-1-0-0), #12 Royal Descent (12-2-6-2) and #13 Lucia Valentina (4-1-0-1)
- Over the distance (2000m) those with the best form are: #1 Contributer (6-5-0-1), #7 Spillway (8-4-0-1), #6 Beaten Up (4-3-0-0), #9 Adelaide (4-3-1-0), #10 To The World (3-2-1-0), #13 Lucia Valentina (4-2-1-1), #3 Happy Trails (11-2-2-2), #2 Criterion (7-1-3-1), #11 Tosen Stardom (3-1-1-0) and #5 Fiveandahalfstar (3-0-2-0)
- The likelihood of a Soft – Heavy track on Saturday is high and the best wet trackers in the race are: #12 Royal Descent, #13 Lucia Valentina, #2 Criterion, #4 Red Cadeaux and #9 Adelaide but only on Slow not Heavy
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider Queen Elizabeth Stakes 2015 tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime check out the odds on offer for all the Randwick features this weekend at Ladbrokes.com.au – home of the $250 free bet bonus!
2015 Queen Elizabeth Stakes Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.