Trainer Bjorn Baker is snug about the chances of...
The first of four Group 1 showdowns on the Randwick card this Saturday in Sydney, the ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes 2015 for two-year-olds is a tasty appetizer to the other majors and provides a top chance to get some winnings on the board.
Due to run as Randwick Race 6 at 3:10pm (AEDT), this year’s $1 million Group 1 Inglis Sires (1400m) features a field of 11 juveniles with the markets at Ladbrokes.com.au narrowly led by easing favourite Pride Of Dubai.
The Peter & Paul Snowden-trained Blue Diamond Stakes winner has had a notable break between runs and has drifted out from $3.60 to $4.20 to post back-to-back autumn Group 1 victories across two states.
His major rivals are predicted by the bookies to be the talented Gai Waterhouse-trained filly English ($4.60) coming off a second in the coveted Golden Slipper and the lightly-raced Ready For Victory ($4.80) prepared by Mick Price.
The market mover meanwhile in from $7.50 to $5.50 is the undefeated Peter Moody-trained Savabeel filly Pasadena Girl who makes her Sydney debut on the back of two Flemington wins.
Do the bookies have it right or does the Inglis ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes form guide and betting history reveal value further down the markets?
2015 ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes winner was the Gerald Ryan-trained filly Peggy Jean who came off a second in the Group 2 Magic Night Stakes, jumped from barrier four and was ridden by Nash Rawiller
- Peggy Jean (2014) was the second filly in as many years following Guelph (2013) and the fifth in the past 10 years to beat home the boys in the classic
- The fillies in this year’s race are #7 English ($4.60), #8 Pasadena Girl ($5.50), #9 Always Allison ($13), #10 Perignon ($26) and roughie of the field #11 Queen Of Wands ($101)
- Two of those come via the Magic Night Stakes that produced last year’s winner with Perignon (2nd) and Always Allison (7th)
- Trainer Gerald Ryan shoots for back-to-back wins this year with #10 Perignon
- Other previous ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes winning trainers with a runner on Saturday are: Gai Waterhouse (24-7-3-3) with #7 English, Clarry Conners (16-4-1-0) with #11 Queen Of Wands and Peter Snowden (10-2-1-1) who prepares #1 Pride Of Dubai in partnership with his son Paul
- Last year’s winning hoop Rawiller is without a ride on Saturday and the only former Inglis Sires winning jockey with a shot this autumn is Zac Purton (1-1-0-0) aboard #10 Perignon
- Favourites have won the ATC Sires’ Produce just twice in the past decade; this year’s favourite out to buck the trend is #1 Pride Of Dubai ($4.20)
- Last year’s winning barrier (4) on Saturday belongs to #10 Perignon and has produced a total of four winners
- The most successful ATC Sires’ Produce barrier (since 1983) with six winners is one, which is drawn in 2015 by the roughie shot #11 Queen Of Wands
- Two undefeated runners #4 Tarquin ($13) and #8 Pasadena Girl boast the highest 100% Win Rates of the field followed by #7 English (67%) and #9 Always Allison (67%)
- Four of the runners all boast a perfect 100% Place Rate with #1 Pride Of Dubai, #5 Tarquin, #7 English and #8 Pasadena Girl
- The only two previous winners at the Randwick track are #4 Odyssey Moon (1-1-0-0) and #7 English (1-1-0-0)
- Only #11 Queen Of Wands has been up over the 1400m distance before but she was unplaced when fifth in the Group 2 VRC Sires’ Produce Stakes (1400m) last time out
- There are three last start winners in the mix with #1 Pride Of Dubai (Group 1 Blue Diamond Stakes, 1200m, Caulfield, 28/02/2015), #5 Tarquin (Group 2 Pago Pago Stakes, 1200m, Rosehill, 14/03/2015) and #8 Pasadena Girl (Group 3 Thoroughbred Breeders Stakes, 1200m, Flemington, 14/03/2015)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider ATC Sires’ Produce Stakes 2015 betting tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime head over to Ladbrokes.com.au and gear up for Day 1 of The Championships by opening an account with the bookie offering Best Tote or SP + 20% on all four of the Group 1s in Sydney on Saturday!
2015 Inglis Sires’ Produce Stakes Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.