Two Group 1 races highlight The BMW Stakes Day program in Sydney this Saturday including the three-year-old fillies facing off in the Vinery Stud Stakes 2015.
The set weights race features a final field of 14 young hopefuls, the $400,000 Group 1 Vinery Stud Stakes (2000m) due to jump as Rosehill Race 6 at 3:50pm (AEDT).
Current Vinery Stud Stakes betting markets at Ladbrokes.com.au are firmly led by John Thompson’s super consistent Group 1 winner First Seal paying $1.90 for the win.
She took out the Flight Stakes over the Randwick mile before a second to Hampton Court in the Spring Champion Stakes (2000m) during the spring, and her form this time in has been equally as imposing.
Second-up the Fastnet Rock filly won the Group 2 Surround Stakes (1400m) at Warwick Farm by nearly three lengths, and then last time out she was a nose away second to Plucky Belle in the Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1500m) when up against the older mares.
Three other fillies are also rated single figure chances to win in the Vinery Stud Stakes odds for this weekend with Chris Waller’s last start Group 2 Phar Lap Stakes winner over the boys Winx ($6.50), the Gai Waterhouse-trained Zabeel filly and market mover Adrift ($8) who defeated First Seal last month in the Group 2 Light Fingers Stakes, and lightly-raced Crown Oaks winner Set Square ($9.50) considered the biggest threats.
So will the order of the odds reign true or does the Vinery Stud Stakes form guide and history suggest an upset result come Saturday afternoon?
2015 Vinery Stud Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Vinery Stud Stakes winner was the Kris Lees-trained Lucia Valentina who came off an unplaced run in the Coolmore Classic, jumped from barrier 10 (of 16) and was ridden by Hugh Bowman
- Coolmore Classic graduates running in Saturday’s Vinery Stud Stakes are this weekend’s favourite First Seal (2nd), Amicus (4th) and Adrift (9th)
- Last year’s winning barrier (10) this year belongs to #7 Sweet And Speedy ($41) and has produced a total of 7 Vinery Stud Stakes winners (since 1983) making it the most successful gate in the race’s history
- The other most successful Vinery Stud Stakes barriers in that time are one (five wins) and three (four wins) that belong on Saturday to $101 roughie #12 Wildenstein and #6 Slightly Sweet ($26)
- Favourites have an ace 50% strike rate in the race over the past decade with five wins including Norzita (2013) two years ago; this weekend’s favourite is #1 First Seal ($1.95) looking to continue the trend
- Last start winners have only won two of the past 10 Vinery Stud Stakes with Mosheen (2012) and Miss Finland (2007); this year the fillies out to break the hoodoo are #4 Winx, #6 Slightly Sweet and #9 Ballet Suite
- The only previous Vinery Stud Stakes winning trainer with a runner this year is Gai Waterhouse (16-2-4-3) with #8 Adrift ($8)
- Previous Vinery Stud Stakes winning jockeys with a ride on Saturday are Damien Oliver (13-2-1-2) on #8 Adrift, Craig Williams (6-1-0-1) on #2 Set Square and Kerrin McEvoy (4-1-0-0) on #9 Ballet Suite
- #9 Ballet Suite (60%) boasts the highest Win Rate followed by #2 Set Square (50%), #4 Winx (50%), #6 Slightly Sweet (50%), #7 Sweet And Speedy (50%) and #8 Adrift (50%)
- Two fillies boast a 100% Place Rate with #2 Set Square ($9.50) and #13 Heavens Above ($51)
- The only two previous winners over the distance are #2 Set Square (1-1-0-0) and #5 Thunder Lady (1-1-0-0)
- At Rosehill the fillies with the best form are #4 Winx (2-2-0-0) who is undefeated at the track and hot favourite #1 First Seal (2-0-2-0) who has run second in both her previous runs at the Gardens
The Races.com.au team’s exclusive Vinery Stud Stakes betting tips are due out shortly so stay tuned.
In the meantime check out the race’s full form guide below before heading over to Ladbrokes.com.au to open your new account and enjoy a bonus welcome bet valued up to $250 when you deposit and quote the code BETBONUS!