Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
This Saturday the sole Group 1 in Sydney is the fillies and mares facing off in the Coolmore Classic 2015 at Rosehill Racecourse, a detailed form guide preview and betting analysis for the handicap found below.
The $600,000 Group 1 Coolmore Classic (1500m) this year runs as Rosehill Race 7 at 4:10pm (AEDT) and features a final field of 13 female gallopers.
Red hot favourite at $1.80 and the only chance at single figures in the markets is John Thompson’s freakishly good filly First Seal.
She proved her class last season with a win in the Group 1 Flight Stakes (1600m) before running second to Hampton Court when she took on the colts and geldings in the Group 1 Spring Champion Stakes (2000m).
Her second-up win last time out at Warwick Farm on February 28 was ultra-impressive, the three-year-old putting three lengths on her closest rival in the Group 2 Surround Stakes (1400m).
Blake Shinn stays on his prized Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival ride this Saturday in the Coolmore Classic with the bookies tipping the young gun to handle her older rivals, and her wide barrier 11 draw, for the first time.
If you don’t fancy the favourite there is value galore to be found in this year’s Coolmore Classic betting markets with the next best being Plucky Belle ($11).
To help you uncover the top place chances and see if indeed First Seal is deserving of her odds-on quote, below are the must know Coolmore Classic historical facts and form guide data.
2015 Coolmore Classic Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Coolmore Classic winner was the Joe Pride-trained Steps In Time who came off a second in the Group 2 NSW Thoroughbred Breeders Classic (1200m) at the track and jumped from barrier 7 with Jim Cassidy aboard
- This year the best placed of the Breeders Classic graduates backing up in the Coolmore Classic is the Peter Moody-trained Plucky Belle (6th) who then ran second to Catkins in the Group 2 Millie Fox Stakes (1300m) on February 21
- Hot favourite #4 First Seal ($1.80) is the only last-start winner seeking back-to-back wins after she won the Surround Stakes by nearly three lengths
- The Surround Stakes has produced four of the past 12 Coolmore Classic winners and other fillies coming via the traditional lead-up this year are: Amicus (4th), Adrift (7th) and Abduction (11th)
- The last Coolmore Classic favourite to win was Aloha (5/1 EF) in 2011; she was the ninth punters’ pick since 1983 to win
- Last year’s winning hoop Jim Cassidy celebrated his fourth win in the race and this year shoots for a fifth aboard the 58kg top weight #1 Dear Demi ($15) who is drawn wide in barrier 12
- The only other former Coolmore Classic winning jockey with a runner on Saturday is Blake Shinn on the favourite #1 First Seal
- Last year’s winning barrier (7) this year belongs to #6 Thump ($13) and has produced a total of four winners (since 1983)
- The other barriers with four winners in that time are two and 14; barrier two this year belongs to #8 Amicus ($17)
- Previous Coolmore Classic winner trainers with a runner in 2015 are Gai Waterhouse (25-4-2-0) with #2 Diamond Drille ($17) and #12 Adrift ($15), and Peter Moody (9-1-0-1) with #7 Plucky Belle ($11)
- Three-year-olds have won the Coolmore Classic 11 times (since 1983) most recently in 2009 with Typhoon Tracy
- There are four three-year-olds looking to be the next with: #4 First Seal, #8 Amicus, #12 Adrift and #13 Abduction
- #12 Adrift (60%) boasts the highest Win Rate of the field followed by #4 First Seal (50%) and #11 Tarloshan (50%)
- The highest Place Rate then belongs to #4 First Seal (88%) followed by #11 Tarloshan (75
%), #8 Amicus (67%), #9 Mahara (62%) and #12 Adrift (60%)
- Over the distance (1500m) fillies with a previous win are: #2 Diamond Drille (3-1-0-0), #5 Arabian Gold (1-1-0-0) and #9 Mahara (1-1-0-0)
- Those with the best record at Rosehill are: #1 Dear Demi (6-1-1-1), #2 Diamond Drille (3-1-0-0), #5 Arabian Gold (1-1-0-0), #10 Hera (1-1-0-0), #13 Abduction (1-1-0-0) and #7 Plucky Belle (3-0-2-0)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider Coolmore Classic 2015 betting tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime get behind your early selections at the hottest odds online at Ladbrokes.com.au where new depositing players only need to quote the code BETBONUS to enjoy a $250 free bonus bet on the house!
2015 Coolmore Classic Form Guide
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.