Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
This Saturday a double shot of Group 1 racing action lights up Sydney’s Randwick Racecourse including the Randwick Guineas 2015 for the three-year-olds – the Races.com.au’s insider form guide analysis and betting preview for the classic found right here.
There are seven youngsters left in the $600,000 Group 1 Girvan Waugh Randwick Guineas (1600m) field this Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival after the early scratching of Chris Waller’s Kermadec who instead jumps favourite in Melbourne’s $500,000 Group 1 Australian Guineas (1600m) at Flemington on Saturday.
Randwick Guineas betting markets at Ladbrokes.com.au meanwhile currently have two young guns sitting as co-favourites with Hallowed Crown and Shooting To Win at an equal $3.20 to become a dual Group 1 winner.
Bart & James Cummings’ Street Sense colt Hallowed Crown won the Group 1 Golden Rose Stakes (1400m) last September and also enjoyed a first-up win over Sweynesse and Kermadec in the Group 2 Hobartville Stakes (1400m) on February 21.
He has eased out in the markets from $2.90 to his current $3.20 price however as he goes up to a mile for the first time.
Peter & Paul Snowden’s Group 1 Caulfield Guineas (1600m) winner over the mile during the spring, Shooting To Win gets a chance to improve on his Hobartville Stakes fourth and return to winning form here.
He was also defeated by Hallowed Crown when third in the Golden Rose Stakes, but money is coming for him to turn the tables on Saturday.
The other two single figure hopes in Randwick Guineas betting are then Hobartville Stakes runner-up Sweynesse ($4) for John O’Shea and market mover Scissor Kick in from $5.50 to $5 who ran fifth in the Hobartville.
That’s the story the Randwick Guineas odds are telling, but what about the race history and form?
2015 Randwick Guineas Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Randwick Guineas winner was the Peter Moody-trained Dissident who came off a win in the Hobartville Stakes, jumped from barrier 12 (of 14) and was ridden by Jim Cassidy
- Moody is without a runner in 2015 but Jim Cassidy attempts back-to-back wins on Saturday with $101 roughie #7 Rhodin Drive
- Cassidy is the only previous Randwick Guineas winning jockey with a ride this weekend, and he is the second most successful hoop in the race’s history with four wins, a second and two thirds from 15 rides
- After the same Hobartville Stakes – Randwick Guineas double as Dissident 12 months ago this weekend is #1 Hallowed Crown ($3.20) in barrier one
- Barrier 1 has produced two Randwick Guineas winners (since 1983), but not since Fairway (2000)
- The most successful Randwick Guineas barriers in that time with four wins each are two, four, 11 and 14
- This year there are only seven runners meaning #3 Shooting To Win (2) and #8 Sworn To Silence (4) have the most successful gates
- The Hobartville Stakes has produced 10 of the past 19 Randwick Guineas winners, and five of the past nine
- Along with the winner Hallowed Crown the other Randwick Guineas hopes coming out of the Hobartville this year are: Sweynesse (2nd), Shooting To Win (4th), Scissor Kick (5th), Sworn To Silence (8th) and Preferment (11th)
- No trainer in this year’s race has won a previous Randwick Guineas
- #1 Hallowed Crown (83%) boasts the highest Win Rate of the field followed by #5 Sweynesse (57%)
- The highest Place Rate meanwhile belongs to #5 Sweynesse (86%) followed by #1 Hallowed Crown (83%) and #7 Rhodin Drive (80%)
- Horses with a previous run over the distance are #3 Shooting To Win (1-1-0-0), #5 Sweynesse (1-1-0-0) and #2 Preferment (2-0-1-0)
- At the track those with winning form are: #4 Scissor Kick (2-2-0-0) and #1 Hallowed Crown (2-1-0-0)
- Four favourites have won in the past 10 years most recently Ilovethicity (2011) with #1 Hallowed Crown out to be the next this weekend
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider Randwick Guineas 2015 betting tips to be published shortly.
Already have your selections picked out? Then head to our preferred online betting agency Ladbrokes.com.au who will match your first deposit dollar for dollar up to $250 when you quote the code BETBONUS!
2015 Randwick Guineas Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.