Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
A quality line-up of summer sprinters face off in the Expressway Stakes 2015 at Rosehill Gardens this weekend, a detailed form guide analysis and betting preview for which is detailed below.
This year’s $200,000 Group 2 Expressway Stakes (1200m) is due to jump as Sydney Race 6 at 4:15pm (local) on Saturday, the youngster of the 11 runners currently leading the markets at Ladbrokes.com.au.
Paul Messara’s dual Group 1 performed Redoute’s Choice three-year-old Panzer Division is the $3.30 favourite in Expressway Stakes betting despite drawing the extreme outside barrier of 11.
James McDonald rides the colt first-up, Panzer Division last seen running fifth in both the Group 1 George Main Stakes (1600m) and the Group 1 Spring Champion Stakes (2000m) at Randwick during the spring.
Wet weather in Sydney sees a current Heavy-rated track for the Expressway and Panzer Division is proven in the mud having wont he Group 3 Ming Dynasty Quality (1400m) on a Heavy (9) last September.
So will the favourite salute for the punters?
His main dangers are perceived to be from the Chris Waller stables with Waller lining up five chances including French import Weary ($5.50) for Tommy Berry in barrier four and multiple Group 1 winner Boban ($7) one on his inside in three.
The other top fancy is betting is then the Peter & Paul Snowden-trained That’s A Good Idea ($7.50) last seen running second in the Listed Carrington Stakes (1400m) at Randwick just last Saturday.
To help you sort the pretenders from the genuine summer contenders below are our must know Expressway Stakes facts and betting statistics.
2015 Expressway Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Expressway Stakes winner was the late Guy Walter’s smart mare Appearance who won the race first-up from barrier four (of 11) with Blake Shinn aboard
- Shinn gets the chance to go back-to-back this year aboard another mare with the Gai Waterhouse-trained #10 Driefontein ($8.50) jumping from barrier five
- Seven of the 11 hopes this year are first-up off a spell with #1 Boban ($7), #2 Beaten Up ($26), #3 Hawkspur ($19), #4 Weary ($5.50), #5 Bagman ($34), #6 Malavio ($17) and the favourite #11 Panzer Division ($3.30)
- Last year’s winning barrier (4) this year belongs to Waller’s Doncaster Mile placegetter Weary with Tommy Berry to ride
- #11 Panzer Division (40%) boasts the highest Win Rate of the field followed by #1 Boban (33%) and #2 Beaten Up (31%)
- The best Place Rate belongs to #5 Bagman (64%) followed by #7 That’s A Good Idea (60%) and #11 Panzer Division (60%)
- Over the distance (1200m) horses with the best form are: #5 Bagman (5-2-1-1), #7 That’s A Good Idea (12-4-1-1), #10 Driefontein (14-4-3-0), #6 Malavio (12-3-2-0), #4 Weary (2-1-0-0) and #11 Panzer Division (1-1-0-0)
- At the track (Rosehill) those with the best form are: #6 Malavio (11-3-1-1), #1 Boban (2-1-0-0), #3 Hawkspur (6-2-1-0), #4 Weary (3-1-1-1), #8 Territory (7-2-0-2) and #7 That’s A Good Idea (4-1-0-1)
- The only previous winners over the Track & Distance are then: #7 That’s A Good Idea (3-1-0-0), #8 Territory (5-2-0-2) and #10 Driefontein (4-1-0-0)
See below for the complete Expressway Stakes 2015 form guide.
Then to enjoy a punt on the weekend’s feature race head over to Ladbrokes.com.au and take advantage of their Expressway Stakes Bonus Bet Back: a bonus bet up to $100 back in your account if your first fixed odds win bet comes second or third on Saturday!
2015 Expressway Stakes Field & Form Guide
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.