This Saturday Queensland’s Gold Coast Racecourse will host a lucrative day’s racing for the Magic Millions Carnival including the Magic Millions 2YO Classic 2015 – a detailed form preview for which is detailed below.
A bumper field of juveniles faces off in this year’s $2 million Jeep Magic Millions 2YO Classic (1200m) that runs as Race 6 at 3:25pm (local) and that Ladbrokes.com.au is running a MEGAFECTA promo for where you can win a million for just a $1 by by picking 1st – 7th over the line in the correct order.
Heading the latest Magic Millions Classic odds at an equal $6 price are the Barry Mitchell-trained stakes winner Wicked Intent in barrier five and market mover Frequendly.
Originally opening at $6.50, a nice barrier four draw and early money from the punters has seen Les Ross’s Sequalo filly firm in her price to win the Magic Millions 2YO Classic after Frequendly won the Toowoomba edition over 1050m on New Year’s Eve.
Also at single figures in the markets are the likes of the rails-drawn filly Claudia Jean ($6.50) coming off a win on debut, Gerald Ryan’s last start Canterbury winning Snitzel filly Perignon ($8) and Canberra-trained Single Gaze ($8.50) coming off a third to Zoutentant in the Wyong Magic Millions Classic from December 18.
That’s the story told by the bookies but what about the Magic Millions 2YO Classic form guide, betting history and stats?
2015 Magic Millions 2YO Classic Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Magic Millions Classic winner was the Bjorn Baker-trained Unencumbered who jumped from barrier three (of 16) with the late Nathan Berry aboard on the back of a three previous wins including the Wyong Magic Millions 2YO Classic and the Group 3 BJ McLachlan Stakes (1200m) at Doomben
- This year there are eight last start winners in the field including the Wyong Magic Millions Classic champ #2 Zoutentant ($13) in barrier seven and the co-favourite #7 Frequendly ($6) who won the Magic Millions 2YO Plate at Toowoomba on December 31
- Frequendly is also the early market mover in from $6.50 to $6 to win through Ladbrokes.com.au
- Last year’s winning barrier (3) on Saturday belongs to #3 Le Chef ($21) who comes off back-to-back wins with victories at Ipswich on December 24 and the Gold Coast over the 1200m here on January 3
- The undefeated #9 Flamenco ($41) and #14 Claudia Jean ($6.50) boast the perfect 100% win rate followed by #1 Wicked Intent (75%) and #7 Frequendly (75%)
- A host of the youngsters are yet to finish out of the money with 100% place rates too with #1 Wicked Intent, #2 Zoutentant, #5 Surf Seeker, #6 Carriages, #7 Frequendly, #8 Single Gaze, #9 Flamenco, #13 Saga Of The Storm, #14 Claudia Jean and #16 Racy along with the second emergency #19e Real Good
- Before Unencumbered (2014) the fillies enjoyed a four straight winning streak in the Magic Millions 2YO Classic with Military Rose (2010), Karuta Queen (2011), Driefontein (2012) and Real Surreal (2013)
- Two of those, Driefontein and Karuta Queen, were ridden by Tommy Berry who this year partners up with the Gai Waterhouse-trained #6 Carriages ($17) in the far outside barrier
- Waterhouse meanwhile shoots for her fifth win in the race following wins with Driefontein (2012), Dance Hero (2004), Excellerator (2001) and Assertive Lad (2000) making her the most successful Magic Millions 2YO Classic trainer in recent history
- Fillies in the mix this year along with #6 Carriages for Waterhouse are then #7 Frequendly, #8 Single Gaze, #9 Flamenco, #10 Miss Idyllic, #11 Perginon, #12 Madotti, #13 Saga Of The Storm, #14 Claudia Jean, #15 Pepperano, #16 Racy, and emergencies #17e Flamenco Girl, #18e Right Of Way and #20e Star Of Night
- Horses with previous wins at the track are #1 Wicked Intent (2-1-1-0), #3 Le Chef (1-1-0-0) and #7 Frequendly (1-1-0-0)
- Over the distance (1200m) those with winning form are then #3 Le Chef (1-1-0-0) and #11 Perignon (1-1-0-0)
See below for the full 2015 Magic Millions 2YO Classic form guide and use the above must know facts on the race before placing your bets online at Ladbrokes.com.au – home of the Magic Millions Classic $1 million Megfecta this Saturday!