Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
Godolphin’s impressive debut winner from October Furnaces now leads the futures Golden Slipper 2015 betting markets for next autumn’s classic following the withdrawal of the injured Aegean Sea from the markets.
Clarry Conners’s very promising hope for the $3.5 million Group 1 Golden Slipper (1200m) at Rosehill Gardens on March 21 next, Aegean Sea will spend at least six months on the sidelines after a leg injury she suffered at the start of the month.
She was leading the Ladbrokes.com.au all-in Golden Slipper odds but has now been replaced at the top of the markets by the John O’Shea-trained Furnaces at $9.
The Exceed And Excel colt caught the eye with a three length trial win in sensational time at Warwick Farm on October 10 before reproducing that same brilliant speed in his maiden start.
On October 25 at Rosehill he was quick out of the gates and bolted home over 1100m for an easy six and a half length win over Mine Two that didn’t go unnoticed by the bookies setting the Golden Slipper odds for next Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival.
It’s a wide open market at this stage for the world’s richest race for two-year-olds, the next best in betting being Victorian-trained filly Fontiton ($10).
Robert Smerdon’s promising daughter of Turffontein debuted on Cox Plate Day at Moonee Valley, the same day Furnaces had his first run in Sydney, and put an easy six lengths on runner-up Hot Snippety with an explosive win in the $250,000 Inglis 2YO Banner (1000m).
The other youngsters under $20 in the early markets are then:
- Paceman ($13) – Duporth colt from the Sydney stables of Peter & Paul Snowden. Won his first official trial on October 31 by a blistering seven lengths then didn’t’ disappoint when travelled smoothly over 1100m at Rosehill on debut in mid-November, sprinting away to win by a length over Right Of Way.
- Vancouver ($13) – Gai Waterhouse-trained Medaglia D’Oro colt is another who won a trial before backing up that form with a win on debut. His came at Randwick in the Listed NSW Thoroughbred Breeders’ Plate (1000m) on October 4 when holding off the favourite in a strong effort up front with Tye Angland and a set of blinkers on.
- Sooboog ($15) – Beaten favourite in the NSW Thoroughbred Breeders’ Plate, the Team Hawkes’ Snitzel colt was a 5.5 length winner in a Kensington trial in September before being beaten by 1.3 lengths in his first run not being able to get past the smart winner Vancouver.
- Wicked Intent ($15) – Barry Mitchell’s Brisbane-based Wicked Style colt is the clear favourite for the $2 million Magic Millions 2YO Classic (1200m) at the Gold Coast in January after three big wins from as many starts to date in Queensland. His latest was by a breezy 4.5 lengths at Doomben last Saturday in the Listed Phelan Ready Stakes (1050m).
- Calaverite ($17) – Stable mate to the current Golden Slipper favourite, this fellow O’Shea-trained filly is a Lonhro two-year-old who already boasts black-type on her record after scoring a nice run up through the middle at Randwick on October 4 to beat home Igraine by half a length in the Listed Gimcrack Stakes (1000m).
See below for the top 20 chances for next year’s Golden Slipper Stakes victory, then head to Ladbrokes.com.au to back your early picks at their generous prices before the markets firm over the coming months!
Don’t have a Ladbrokes account? Sign-up today depositing and quoting the code BETBONUS and enjoy up to $250 back as a bonus welcome bet to use on markets of your choice!
2014 Golden Slipper Odds
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.