Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
A standout performer in major Group 1 events in both New Zealand and Australia through autumn, classy mare Silent Achiever will be seeking an impressive fifth victory at the highest level of racing when lining up for the featured Group 1 Cox Plate (2040m) at Moonee Valley on Saturday.
Securing a commendable record of ten race wins and a further five minor places over her 29 race career to date, Silent Achiever has been a notable performer over each of her six racing preparations so far and more than stamped her claims as one to watch from her maiden campaign over the summer and autumn of 2011/12.
Finishing third in the Group 2 Eight Carat Classic (1600m) in December 2011, the O’reilly mare rarely looked troubled in winning each of her next four races back-to-back; each at black type level including the Group 1 New Zealand Derby (2400m) in March.
Continuing to impressive through a 2013 campaign highlighted by a close second to Fiveandahalfstar in the Group 1 The BMW (2400m) and fourth in the Group 1 Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2000m), Silent Achiever comfortably took out a minor over 1500m first-up this year before winning each of the Group 1 New Zealand Stakes (2000m), Group 1 Ranvet Stakes (2000m) and Group 1 The BMW back-to-back; returning to the paddock after running fourth in the Queen Elizabeth.
Finishing a promising fourth in the Group 1 Memsie Stakes (1400m) first-up this time in before fading for fifth in the Group 1 Underwood Stakes (1800m) and ninth in the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes (2000m) most recently, the return of leading jockey Nash Rawiller to the saddle for the 2014 Cox Plate is sure to see a resurgence in form for the mare out of Winning Spree this weekend.
Will Roger James’ classy stable star return to the winner’s circle in the 2014 Cox Plate, or will one of her many classy rivals find the line in the clear?
Cox Plate Horse Form: #9 Silent Achiever
- Barrier: 8
- Weight: 57kgs
- Jockey: Nash Rawiller
- Trainer: Roger James
- Owners: K.J. Hickman
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by O’reilly from Winning Spree
- Career: 29-10-3-2
- Win: 34%
- Place: 17%
- Last 6: 114459
- Prize Money: $2,820,032
- Track: 1-1-0-0
- Distance: 10-3-0-1
- Current 2014 Caulfield Cup Odds: $13
Why Silent Achiever Can Be The 2014 Cox Plate Winner
- A Two-time Group 1 winner over the distance (2014 New Zealand Stakes, 2014 Ranvet Stakes)
- Leading jockey Nash Rawiller returns to the saddle, has partnered Silent Achiever to two Group 1 victories
- Mares have reasonable Cox Plate record
- Will undoubtedly respond well to step-up in distance
Why Silent Achiever Will Not Win the 2014 Cox Plate
- Has not returned to racing in as good form to that which delivered three Group 1’s in autumn
- Allocated somewhat wide and awkward barrier 11; single figure barriers have produced 24 of the last 31 Cox Plate winners
- May be slightly too old; four-year-olds have dominated the Cox Plate in recent years
- Did not contest the Caulfield Stakes last start; undoubtedly the best form indicator for the Cox Plate
- Arguably faces her biggest task to date in 2014 Cox Plate field.
Leading online bookie Ladbrokes.com.au is currently offering the best odds on the 2014 Cox Plate.
Open an account and deposit at Ladbrokes.com.au today to take advantage of up to $500 in bonuses!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.