Initially confirmed as third emergency for this weekend’s feature race, the scratching of leading Japanese stayer Bande has allowed Unchain My Heart to secure a berth in the 2014 Caulfield Cup (2400m).
Securing a credible total of ten race win and a further 13 minor places over her well-trialled 57 start career so far, Unchain My Heart found good form over the late spring/summer of 2013 and autumn of this year, highlighted by notable black type results.
Steadily building to the task in finishing eighth in the Group 2 Momentum Energy Stakes (2000m) and fourth in a minor amongst classy competition over 2000m on November 30th, the Al Maher mare ran on for third following an early check in the Listed Werribee Cup (2600m) on December 15th before running fourth in the Listed Bagot Handicap (2800m) at Flemington on new year’s day.
Returning to the paddock after finishing second in the William Newton Handicap (2600m) and winning the Listed Andrew Ramsden Stakes (3200m) on May 24th, Unchain My Heart has continued to impressive in running third in the Legacy Badge Appeal Handicap (2000m), fourth in the Craig Opie Cup (2500m) and a credible third in the Listed Harry White Classic (2400m) most notably over five starts this time in.
Allocated barrier 14 and confirmed to be partnered by notable jockey Stephen Baster, the eight-year-old mare has been charged with carrying just 52kgs in the 2014 Caulfield Cup.
Figuring as one of only three mares remaining in the final field for the 2014 Caulfield Cup following Dear Demi’s scratching, is Unchain My Heart capable of taking out the featured event, or will one of her classy rivals find the line in the clear?
Caulfield Cup Horse Form: #21 Unchain My Heart
- Barrier: 14
- Weight: 52kgs
- Jockey: Stephen Baster
- Trainer: David Hayes and Tom Dabernig
- Owners: Grandlodge Racing Syndicate, Ken Bee Sports, Pty Ltd Syndicate, David Hayes
- Age: 8YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Al Maher from Fly By Night
- Career: 57-10-6-7
- Win: 18%
- Place: 23%
- Last 6: 183439
- Prize Money: $592,580
- Track: 6-0-0-1
- Distance: 7-0-1-2
- Current 2014 Caulfield Cup Odds: $201
Why Unchain My Heart Can Win the 2014 Caulfield Cup
- Will last the distance (won over 3200m twice)
- Gets in particularly well with weight (52kgs)
- Trained By Caulfield Cup winner (David Hayes – Fraar 1993 and Tawqeet 2006)
- Credible lead-in form
Why Unchain My Heart Won’t Win the 2014 Caulfield Cup
- Placed just once in six starts at Caulfield
- May get caught up from barrier 14
- Yet to contest a Group 1 event
- Arguably a class below the major of 2014 Caulfield Cup entrants
- May be too late for success; an eight-year-old mare has never taken out the Caulfield Cup
Ladbrokes.com.au is currently offering the best odds on the 2014 Caulfield Cup.
Open an account and deposit at Ladbrokes.com.au today to gain access to the best Caulfield Cup odds and take advantage of up to $500 in bonuses!