The David Hayes & Tom Dabernig-trained Stipulate has gotten lost in the crowd of 2014 Caulfield Cup runners, so we’re here to remind you of the gelding’s recent form and highlight why he can and cannot win the $3 million feature race this Saturday.
The British import has had over 20 career starts, with only three wins to his name. He has yet to win a black type race but that could all change this weekend in the Group 1 Crown Golden Ale Caulfield Cup (2400m).
Stipulate has drawn well in barrier five, which is set to lower into a start from barrier three following the scratching of Gris Caro and emergency Renew, and will ride with Dwayne Dunn in the saddle.
However he has struggled to win in the past, possessing the worst Win Rate of the field (13%). His Place rate is much better (61%) so he may make it home in the money.
His recent form leaves much to be desired after finishing midfield in both the Group 1 Underwood Stakes (1800m) and Group 1 Turnbull Stakes (2000m), however he did earn a win back in August from the Listed Thoroughbred Bloodstock Stakes (1700m).
Stipulate opened the Caulfield Cup betting market at Ladbrokes.com.au at a price of $21 and has stayed consistently around this mark since the barrier draw.
Caulfield Cup Horse Form: #13 Stipulate
- Barrier: 5 (into 3)
- Weight: 54kg
- Jockey: Dwayne Dunn
- Trainer: David Hayes & Tom Dabernig
- Owners: M C R Bloodstock
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Dansili (GB) from Indication (GB)
- Career: 23:3-6-5
- Win: 13%
- Place: 61%
- Last 6: 23X175
- Prize Money: $308,859
- Track: 3:1-0-1
- Distance: 0:0-0-0
- Current 2014 Caulfield Cup Odds: $21
Why Stipulate Can Be The 2014 Caulfield Cup Winner
- Will get a great start from barrier 5 (into 3)
- Ideal age to win the Cup seeing as 7 6YOs have won since 1983, including last two winners Fawkner (2013) and Dunaden (2012)
- Proven winner over the Caulfield track
- Will enjoy running with less weight after going down from 59kg in the Underwood to 54kg
Why Stipulate Won’t Win the 2014 Caulfield Cup
- Has already lost to Caulfield Cup rival Lucia Valentina last time out
- Worst Win Rate on the field (13%)
- This will be only his first step up to 2400m distance
- Lost last two starts, both at Group One level, so isn’t in best form
- Only has three total wins to his name, none of which were black type races
Stipulate may have a lot going against him, but if you think he has what it takes to win the 2014 Caulfield Cup back him at Ladbrokes.com.au today.
Take part in the Ladbrokes.com.au Caulfield Cup Day Mega Pick this weekend to win yourself $3,000,000 for just $3. All you have to do is correctly pick the winners across the day’s 8 feature races and you’ll win your share of the prize pool (or the whole thing if you’re the sole winner).