Doomben 10,000 winner English could be racing...
Confirmed alongside a capacity field of Saturday’s feature race, classy six-year-old Seismos is a leading chance of success for the international contingent in the 2014 Caulfield Cup (2400m).
Securing a commendable race record of seven wins and a further five minor places from his 24 competitive starts to date, Seismos has tasted racing success over varying distances all over the world.
A notable performer from his maiden racing preparation in Germany and France over the mid-to-late stages of 2011, the Dalakhani gelding finished second in the Hoppegarten 3.y.o Open (2000m) on debut before placing a credible third in the Bremen 3.y.o Maiden, in what was his first competitive tilt over 2400m.
Continuing to build in form and class over just three 2012 starts which included victories in the Group 3 Le Defi Du Galop (2413m) and Group 3 Hessen-Pokal (2011m), Seismos returned to racing in 2013 in exceptional condition; winning the Group 1 Grosser Preis Von Baden (2413m) and finishing third in the Group 1 Canadian International Stakes (2413m) before a trip to Sha Tin to contest the Group 1 Hong Kong Case (2400m) on December 8th, albeit unsuccessful.
Having already lined up in Germany, Dubai, Great Britain and France this year, Seismos has displayed an ability to all conditions, draws and field sizes and carries winning form into the 2014 Caulfield Cup after taking out the Group 3 Geoffrey Freer Stakes (2670m) with relative ease last time out on August 16th.
A proven performer over the distance and confirmed to be partnered by renowned jockey Craig Newitt, is Seismos capable of breaking through for a Group 1 victory in his maiden Australian appearance in the 2014 Caulfield Cup, or will one of his classy rivals find the line in the clear?
Caulfield Cup Horse Form: #7 Seismos
- Barrier: 1
- Weight: 56kgs
- Jockey: Craig Newitt
- Trainer: Marco Botti
- Owners: Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock, Merlin Bloodstock, Love Racing P
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Dalakhani from Sasuela
- Career: 24-7-3-2
- Win: 29%
- Place: 21%
- Last 6: 010641
- Prize Money: $531,656
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 12-3-2-2
- Current 2014 Caulfield Cup Odds: $26
Why Seismos Can Score An Upset In The 2014 Caulfield Cup
- Particularly well trialled at 2400m having lined up at the distance 12 times for three wins and four minors
- Only Group 1 victory came over 2400m (Grosser Preis Von Baden)
- Has drawn ideal gates (Barrier 1)
- Very capable at weights having won with 59kgs last time out
- Taken well to time in Australia, quarantine and work in lead-up
Why Seismos Cannot Win the 2014 Caulfield Cup
- Untrialled in Australia and is not guaranteed to perform in the vastly different conditions
- Is yet to win a race outside Europe. Most recent ventures abroad: Dubai Gold Cup (10th), Hong Kong Vase (11th).
- Barrier 1 has not produced a winner since 1941
- Most success achieved on soft tracks, good 3 (firm) expected at Caulfield on Saturday.
Leading online bookie Ladbrokes.com.au is currently offering the best odds on all races this weekend, including the Caulfield Cup!
Open an account and deposit at Ladbrokes.com.au today to take advantage of up to $500 in bonuses.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.