Torvill is tipped as the three-year-old filly to...
Dandino finished second in the Caulfield Cup last year and remains one of the leading chances in the 2014 edition of the race despite drawing an outside gate at the barrier draw yesterday afternoon.
Dandino was on the third line of Caulfield Cup betting markets before the poor barrier draw after impressing onlookers with his trackwork at the Werribee International Equine Centre in the past week, but he has been a big drifter in betting for the Group 1 event in the last 24 hours.
The Dansili entire overcame a wide draw to finish second behind Fawkner in the 2013 Caulfield Cup, but he is not bringing as strong form into the race this year and he failed to fire in the Group 2 Hardwicke Stakes (2414m), the Group 2 Princess Of Wales’s Stakes (2414m) and the Group 3 September Stakes (2414m), while he failed to defend his title in the Listed American St Leger Stakes (2714m).
Can Dandino return to his best form and deliver Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock their first win in the Caulfield Cup or will the wide barrier draw prove too much of an issue for the veteran European stayer?
Caulfield Cup Horse Form: #2 Dandino
- Barrier: 22 (Into 18)
- Weight: 57kg
- Jockey: Craig Williams
- Trainer: Marco Botti
- Owners: Australian Thoroughbred B’Stock (Mgr D & E Dance), Merlin B’Stock, I Hicks, C Smith, Kahlefeldt Family Racing, SCG Racing, G Gereaux, M Eastmure, W Martin, G De Graaff, C Willian, M Byrne, V Ristevski, F Morris, Love Racing, A Cid, Gogetters, Biggsys, Baker Bucket List, ATB Dandino
- Age: 8YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Dansili out of Generous Diana
- Career: 31: 8-10-1
- Win: 26%
- Place: 61%
- Last 5: X6624
- Prize Money: $1,620,675
- Track: 1:0-1-0
- Distance: 20:4-8-0
- Current 2014 Caulfield Cup Odds: $15
Why Dandino Will Win The 2014 Caulfield Cup?
- Ran home strongly to finish second behind Fawkner in the race last year.
- He appears to relish the conditions in Australia and has impressed connections with the way he has worked since arriving in Australia.
- Craig Williams had the choice between a number of rides in the Caulfield Cup and elected to partner Dandino.
- Has extensive experience over this distance.
- Has not raced since September 6 and generally performs well fresh.
Why Dandino Won’t Win the 2014 Caulfield Cup?
- His lead-up form has not been as good as it was heading into the race as it was last year and his last start in the September Stakes was poor.
- Only one eight-year-old (Taufan’s Melody in 1998) has won the Caulfield Cup in the past thirty years.
- Dandino will start in the outside gate and will need plenty of luck from the wide draw.
- He has not recorded a race win since he took out the American St Leger over a year ago.
Do you think Dandino can win the 2014 Caulfield Cup? If so, make sure you get the best odds by signing up and depositing with Ladbrokes.com.au.
The leading online bookmaker is giving you the chance to win up to $3 million with the Ladbrokes.com.au MegaPick this weekend, while they are also offering cash refunds on race three at Caulfield!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.