Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Japanese stayer Admire Rakti will make his Australian racing debut in the 2014 Caulfield Cup on Saturday and he is rated one of the leading chances in the Group 1 event.
Admire Rakti was touted as a possible Caulfield Cup/Melbourne Cup contender last year, but connections opted against making the trip to Australia, but they have fully committed to a 2014 Spring Racing Carnival tilt and the horse has been set for these two races since May.
The Heart’s Cry entire is yet to taste success at the highest level of racing, but he has raced against quality horses like Orfevre, Gentildonna, Gold Ship and Fenomeno and performed well in both the Group 1 Tenno Sho (3218m) and Group 1 Japan Cup (2413m) last year.
Admire Rakti has drawn ideally in barrier eight and connections are confident that he can become the first Japanese horse to win the Caulfield Cup after Eye Popper (second in 2004) and Delta Blues (third in 2006) finished in the placings of the Group 1 event.
Can Admire Rakti join Dunaden (2012) and Northerly (2002) as the only horses in the past 30 years to carry 58 kilograms to win the Caulfield Cup?
Caulfield Cup Horse Form: #1 Admire Rakti
- Barrier: 8 (into 7)
- Weight: 58kg
- Jockey: Zac Purton
- Trainer: Tomoyuki Umeda
- Owners: Riichi Kondo
- Age: 7YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Heart’s Cry from Admire Teresa
- Career: 26:6-6-5
- Win: 23%
- Place: 65%
- Last 5: 0X20X
- Prize Money: $ $3,270,763
- Track: 0:0-0-0
- Distance: 4:1-0-0
- Current 2014 Caulfield Cup Odds: $10
Why Admire Rakti Can Be The 2014 Caulfield Cup Winner
- Japanese stayers are considered the best in the world and have previously had success in Australia.
- Has the services of leading Hong Kong-based jockey Zac Purton who has already had success in Australia during the 2014 Spring Racing Carnival.
- He has drawn ideally in barrier eight and will get a lovely run into the race.
- Admire Rakti impressed onlookers with a strong piece of trackwork at the Werribee International Equine Centre earlier in the week.
- Is a proven stayer and will have no issues running out a strong 2400 metres.
- Finished fourth over this distance in the Group 1 Japan Cup last year.
Why Admire Can’t Win The 2014 Caulfield Cup
- Admire Rakti is making his Australian racing debut and has not had a race start since May.
- The Heart’s Cry entire is yet to record a win at Group 1 level, but he has still be allocated the top weight of 58 kilograms.
- Admire Rakti is considered a more dour stayer than Japanese rival Bande and could be better suited to the 2400 metres of the Melbourne Cup.
- He has not recorded a race win since he took out the Group 3 Diamond Stakes (3419m) in February last year.
You can find the best odds for Admire Rakti or any other runner in the 2014 Caulfield Cup field with Ladbrokes.com.au.
Sign-up and deposit with the leading online bookmaker to give yourself the opportunity to win $3 million thanks to the Ladbrokes.com.au MegaPick and also take advantage of the wide range of offers they have available during the 2014 Spring Racing Carnival.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.