Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
On Saturday the fillies and mares will face off in the season’s closing Group 1 race in Brisbane, and below you’ll find an exclusive 2014 Tattersall’s Tiara form guide and betting preview.
There are 16 hopefuls left in the field for this year’s $500,000 Group 1 Sky Racing Tattersall’s Tiara (1400m) at Eagle Farm Racecourse after the early scratching of Victorian filly Griante after some below-par blood results.
Tattersall’s Tiara betting is led by a quartet of gallopers then with Gai Waterhouse preparing the narrow $5 favourite Cosmic Endeavour coming off a Group 2 Dane Ripper Stakes win at the track and distance.
She’s followed on $5.50 by the Chris Waller-trained defending Tattersall’s Tiara winner Red Tracer who is drawn wide (barrier 14) and looking to atone for an unplaced Stradbroke run last start.
Following on $6 are then the two other single figure chances with Coolmore Classic winner Steps In Time drawn ideally in barrier two for her swansong race and Waller’s rails-drawn Dubawi grey Catkins.
That’s the story the bookies are telling but what about the Tattersall’s Tiara form guide and history?
Having gone over the field below are our must know Tattersall’s Tiara facts and statistics to help you back the winning filly or mare at Ladbrokes.com.au on the weekend.
2014 Tattersall’s Tiara Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Tattersall’s Tiara winner was the Chris Waller-trained Red Tracer who came off a Dane Ripper win and was ridden by Nash Rawiller from barrier 10
- #1 Red Tracer ($5.50) is back on Saturday to defend her title with Rawiller aboard and the duo drawn wide again in barrier 14
- If successful Red Tracer will be the first dual winner in the classic since Bonanova (1999-2000)
- Waller is also a chance of successive Tiara trophies with his other two runners #4 Catkins ($6) and #8 She’s Clean ($26)
- In good news for Red Tracer this winter only one of those ran a place in the Stradbroke with 2010 Tiara winner Melito coming off a second
- The others were Absolute Glam (4th in 2008), Nova Star (5th in 2007) and La Sizeranne (7th in 2006)
- Last year’s winning barrier (10) on Saturday belongs to outside chance #13 Myamira ($51)
- The winning Tattersall’s Tiara barriers are very spread out across the field with the most successful gate since 1983 being seven with three winners
- Barrier 7 this year belongs to #7 Angel Of Mercy ($26)
- #7 Angel Of Mercy (Group 3 Lord Mayor’s Cup, 1615m, Doomben, 24/05/2014) is also one of four last start winners in the race last year like Red Tracer was 12 months ago along with: #5 Avoid Lightning (Listed June Stakes, 1100m, Randwick, 07/06/2014), #14 Cosmic Endeavour (Group 2 Dane Ripper Stakes, 1400m, Eagle Farm, 07/06/2014) and #16 Jazz Song (Listed Gai Waterhouse Classic, Ipswich, 14/06/2014)
- This year’s Dane Ripper Stakes winner Cosmic Endeavour is then looking to emulate Red Tracer winning the double with success on Saturday
- Along with Red Tracer (2013) the other recent Tattersall’s Tiara Stakes winners to come via the Dane Ripper were Yosei (2011) and Russeting (2009)
- #14 Cosmic Endeavour ($5) is also the current favourite out to become just the third in the past 11 years to salute for the punters
- With their poor recent record the last Tatt’s Tiara favourite to win was Melito (2010)
- The most successful Tattersall’s Tiara winning trainer since 1983 with two wins from 10 starts with a runner on Saturday is Gerald Ryan (#7 Angel Of Mercy)
- The horses with the highest Win Rate are #4 Catkins (50%) and #6 Platinum Rocker (50%) followed by #5 Avoid Lightning (43%), #14 Cosmic Endeavour (42%), #1 Red Tracer (41%) and #12 Peron (40%)
- Those with the best Place Percentage are then #4 Catkins (82%), #6 Platinum Rocker (81%), #1 Red Tracer (78%), #15 Costa Viva (75%), #10 Lonhspresso (73%), #5 Avoid Lightning (67%) and #12 Peron (60%)
- Over the distance (1400m) those with the best record are: #1 Red Tracer (11-5-3-1), #3 Steps In Time (12-4-0-1), #6 Platinum Rocker (9-5-0-2), #12 Peron (9-4-1-0) and #14 Cosmic Endeavour (2-2-0-0)
- At the track (Eagle Farm) previous winners include: #1 Red Tracer (5-3-0-0), #3 Steps In Time (4-1-0-0),#7 Angle Of Mercy (2-1-0-0) and #14 Cosmic Endeavour (2-1-0-0)
- Previous winners at the Track & Distance are then: #1 Red Tracer (5-3-0-0), #3 Steps In Time (4-1-0-0) and #14 Cosmic Endeavour (1-1-0-0)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider Tattersall’s Tiara betting tips to be published before the weekend.
Already have your selections picked out and want to back them now at the best odds?
Then visit Ladbrokes.com.au and get in on the Tattersall’s Tiara markets, plus enjoy betting stress free knowing that if your first Fixed Win bet runs second on Saturday in the Group 1 you’ll get your money back as a bonus bet up to $50!
2014 Tattersall’s Tiara Field & Form Guide
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.