A capacity field of sixteen fillies will line up...
This weekend Sydney’s Royal Randwick Racecourse will come to life with four Group 1 features, the richest race on the program being the 2014 Queen Elizabeth Stakes.
With a total of $4 million in prize money on offer, this year’s Group 1 Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2000m) has attracted a star-studded line-up of 12 hopes.
Four of the dozen in the Queen Elizabeth Stakes betting markets are at single figures to win, the current favourite of which is the Gai Waterhouse-trained Carlton House.
Waterhouse has an ace record in the race training four winners in the past decade, most recently More Joyous (2012).
This year her imported Street Cry six-year-old Carlton House is a $3.50 chance through Ladbrokes.com.au to hand her a fifth Queen Elizabeth trophy, the galloper fourth-up for the season.
Yet to win down under, Carlton House was last seen crossing a close second to Silent Achiever in the Group 1 Ranvet Stakes (2000m) at Rosehill on March 22.
That’s an effort they’re tipped to go one better than here.
The others under $10 to win are then five-time Group 1 winning four-year-old It’s A Dundeel ($4.60), Ranvet Stakes – The BMW champion Silent Achiever ($4.60) and the Chris Waller-trained Royal Descent ($8).
That’s what the Queen Elizabeth Stakes odds say, but what about the race form guide and history?
2014 Queen Elizabeth Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Queen Elizabeth Stakes winner was the Chris Waller-trained Reliable Man who came via an unplaced run in the George Ryder Stakes and jumped from gate two (of eight) with Hugh Bowman aboard
- Waller also won the 2011 Queen Elizabeth with My Kingdom Of Fife and has five chances of another win this year with the defending champ #7 My Kingdom Of Fife ($81) joined by #1 Boban ($11), #3 Sacred Falls ($12), #6 Hawkspur ($11) and #11 Royal Descent ($8)
- Last year’s winning jockey Bowman meanwhile will partner on Saturday with #4 Green Moon ($26)
- The most successful Queen Elizabeth Stakes jockey is Damien Oliver who rides #11 Royal Descent this year; Oliver has ridden four winners from 11 rides
- The gate Reliable Man jumped from to win 12 months ago (2) this year belongs to #8 Toydini ($51); barrier two also produced the 2010 Queen Elizabeth winner Road To Rock
- The other most successful barrier in recent times has been seven with More Joyous (2012) and My Kingdom Of Fife (2011) both winning from that gate; barrier 7 this year belongs to #10 Silent Achiever ($4.60)
- Since 1983 the best Queen Elizabeth Stakes barrier has been six with six winners; this year #12 Dear Demi ($8) has gate six
- In that time barriers two and four have produced five Queen Elizabeth Stakes winners
- Horses that ran in this year’s George Ryder backing up in the Queen Elizabeth are then #3 Sacred Falls (4th), #8 Toydini (5th), #1 Boban (7th) and #7 My Kingdom Of Fife (14th)
- There are three last start winners in the race with #3 Sacred Falls (Group 1 Doncaster Mile, 1600m, Randwick, 12/04/2014), #9 Le Roi (Handicap, 1600m, Moonee Valley, 29/03/2014) and #10 SilentAchiever (Group 1 The BMW, 2400m, Rosehill, 05/04/2014)
- In the past 10 years 4 Queen Elizabeth Stakes favourites have saluted and only one has failed to place; this year the favourite is #5 Carlton House ($3.50)
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #9 Le Roi (55%) followed by #2 It’s A Dundeel (50%), #3 Sacred Falls (44%), #1 Boban (41%) and #10 Silent Achiever (40%)
- The best Place Rate belongs to #2 It’s A Dundeel (78%) followed by #9 Le Roi (73%), #11 Royal Descent (67%), #7 My Kingdom Of Fife (61%), #10 Silent Achiever (60%), #5 Carlton House (57%), #3 Sacred Falls (56%) and #12 Dear Demi (56%)
- Horses with the best Randwick race record are: #2 It’s A Dundeel (4-3-1-0), #7 My Kingdom Of Fife (5-3-0-0), #11 Royal Descent (5-2-2-1), #1 Boban (5-2-0-0) and #3 Sacred Falls (6-2-0-0)
- Those with the best record over the distance are: #2 It’s A Dundeel (6-2-2-1), #4 Green Moon (9-4-2-0), #5 Carlton House (4-1-2-0), #7 My Kingdom Of Fife (10-5-1-3), #9 Le Roi (2-2-0-0) and #10 Silent Achiever (8-3-0-1)
- Previous winners over the Track & Distance are then: #2 It’s A Dundeel (2-1-0-0), #7 My Kingdom Of Fife (2-2-0-0) and #11 Royal Descent (1-1-0-0)
- Randwick is currently rated a Heavy (9) so those with the best wet track form are: #3 Sacred Falls (2-2-0-0), #7 My Kingdom Of Fife (2-1-0-0), #10 Silent Achiever (1-1-0-0), #11 Royal Descent (3-1-1-1) and #12 Dear Demi (3-1-1-0)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our exclusive Queen Elizabeth Stakes tips to be published later in the week.
Think you’ve already got the winner picked out? Then head to Ladbrokes.com.au and back them online at the bookie offering Best Tote or SP + a juicy 30% bonus on the Queen Elizabeth field!
2014 Queen Elizabeth Stakes Field & Form Guide
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.