In-form New Zealand mare Silent Achiever is unbeaten in three starts this preparation and has been confirmed to line up for her second race of the year on Australian soil in the Group 1 The BMW (2400m) at Rosehill Gardens this weekend.
Having to find an extra gear when falling off the pace of leader Carlton House is the main straight of the Group 1 Ranvet Stakes (2000m) last time out, questions have been raised as to Silent Achiever’s legitimacy over the 2400 metres of The BMW, particularly following a failed attempt when eighth over the distance in the Group 1 Caulfield Cup on October 19th.
Having now claimed two Group 1 titles back-to-back over 2000 metres having secured the New Zealand Stakes prior to her trip across the ditch, trainer Roger James firmly believes the O’reilly mare will actually produce a far-more polished effort over the longer trip.
“I’m not super confident but I really think the BMW distance is more suitable than the Ranvet” James told TVN earlier this week.
”I was playing catch-up with her in the Spring and had to be very careful with her, but she has finally matured now; she’s there now.”
Can Silent Achiever continue her career best form in the 2014 The BMW, or will she be outclassed by one of her talented and proven opponents?
#9 Silent Achiever – Horse Form
- Barrier: 4
- Jockey: Nash Rawiller
- Trainer: Roger James
- Owners: K J Hickman
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by O’reilly From Winning Spree
- Career: 9 wins, 5 Places, 24 starts
- Win: 38%
- Place: 21%
- Last 5: 8X111
- Prize Money: $1,064,000
- Track: 4 1-1-1
- Distance: 4 1-1-0
- Current 2014 The BMW Odds: $4.60
Why Silent Achiever Can Win the 2014 BMW
- Finished second in 2013 edition of The BMW
- Confirmed to be partnered by Ranvet partner Nash Rawiller
- Allocated ideal barrier 4
- Will carry second-lightest race weight of 57kgs
- Carries winning form at Group 1 level into race
Why Silent Achiever Can’t Win the 2014 BMW
- Failed at distance in most recent attempt
- Has to dig deep to claim last start – 400 metres shorter
- Confirmed to face in-form Melbourne Cup champion Fiorente
Ladbrokes.com.au is currently offering the best odds on the 2014 The BMW!
Open an account and sign up for the all-new Ladbrokes Card to claim your winnings just seconds after your horse has crossed the line!