Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
Classy filly Earthquake is a clear favourite in 2014 Golden Slipper betting markets and is rated an excellent chance of giving the Darley racing operation their second win in the Group 1 event.
Earthquake made her racing debut with an impressive win in the Colin Pearce Birthday Plate (1000m) at Royal Randwick on November 9 and took out the Group 3 Blue Diamond Prelude (1100m) at Caulfield on February 8 before scoring her maiden win at Group 1 level in the Blue Diamond Stakes (1200m).
The Exceed And Excel mare maintained her stranglehold on Golden Slipper favoritism in the Group 2 Reisling Stakes (1200m), but eased marginally in betting after she drew barrier 12 and trainer Peter Snowden reported that she had been treated for a mild temperature on Sunday.
Can Earthquake bounce back from her minor setback and end Snowden’s stay at Darley with a win in the 2014 Golden Slipper?
#9 Earthquake – Horse Form
- Barrier: 13
- Jockey: Kerrin McEvoy
- Trainer: Peter Snowden
- Owners: Darley
- Age: 2YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Exceed And Excel From Catclysm
- Career: 4 4-0-0
- Win: 100%
- Place: 100%
- Last 5: 1X111
- Prize Money: $936,200
- Track: 1 1-0-0
- Distance: 2 2-2-0
- Current 2014 Golden Slipper Odds : $2.50
Why Earthquake Can Win The 2014 Golden Slipper
- Has recorded four impressive wins from as many race starts.
- Handled the big occasion to win the Blue Diamond Stakes in good style.
- Has shown plenty of versatility throughout her racing career.
- Scored a comfortable win over this track and distance in the Reisling Stakes.
- Kerrin McEvoy is one of the best big-race jockeys in Australia.
Why Earthquake Won’t Win The 2014 Golden
- Has no form on wet tracks and there is rain forecast in Sydney this week.
- May need a bit of luck in the early stages of the race when she jumps from barrier 12.
- No filly has ever won the Blue Diamond Stakes, Reisling Stakes and the Golden Slipper.
- Was treated for a mild temperature on Sunday.
- May have already peaked in the Blue Diamond Stakes.
Leading online bookie Ladbrokes.com.au is offering a 20% bonus on every single Golden Slipper runner so you can back Earthqauke at the amazing odds of $3
Sign-up and deposit this weekend to receive a free bet worth up to $250 that can be used to back the winner of the Golden Slipper or any other major race during the 2014 Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.