Classy filly Earthquake is a clear favourite in 2014 Golden Slipper betting markets and is rated an excellent chance of giving the Darley racing operation their second win in the Group 1 event.
Earthquake made her racing debut with an impressive win in the Colin Pearce Birthday Plate (1000m) at Royal Randwick on November 9 and took out the Group 3 Blue Diamond Prelude (1100m) at Caulfield on February 8 before scoring her maiden win at Group 1 level in the Blue Diamond Stakes (1200m).
The Exceed And Excel mare maintained her stranglehold on Golden Slipper favoritism in the Group 2 Reisling Stakes (1200m), but eased marginally in betting after she drew barrier 12 and trainer Peter Snowden reported that she had been treated for a mild temperature on Sunday.
Can Earthquake bounce back from her minor setback and end Snowden’s stay at Darley with a win in the 2014 Golden Slipper?
#9 Earthquake – Horse Form
- Barrier: 13
- Jockey: Kerrin McEvoy
- Trainer: Peter Snowden
- Owners: Darley
- Age: 2YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Exceed And Excel From Catclysm
- Career: 4 4-0-0
- Win: 100%
- Place: 100%
- Last 5: 1X111
- Prize Money: $936,200
- Track: 1 1-0-0
- Distance: 2 2-2-0
- Current 2014 Golden Slipper Odds : $2.50
Why Earthquake Can Win The 2014 Golden Slipper
- Has recorded four impressive wins from as many race starts.
- Handled the big occasion to win the Blue Diamond Stakes in good style.
- Has shown plenty of versatility throughout her racing career.
- Scored a comfortable win over this track and distance in the Reisling Stakes.
- Kerrin McEvoy is one of the best big-race jockeys in Australia.
Why Earthquake Won’t Win The 2014 Golden
- Has no form on wet tracks and there is rain forecast in Sydney this week.
- May need a bit of luck in the early stages of the race when she jumps from barrier 12.
- No filly has ever won the Blue Diamond Stakes, Reisling Stakes and the Golden Slipper.
- Was treated for a mild temperature on Sunday.
- May have already peaked in the Blue Diamond Stakes.
Leading online bookie Ladbrokes.com.au is offering a 20% bonus on every single Golden Slipper runner so you can back Earthqauke at the amazing odds of $3
Sign-up and deposit this weekend to receive a free bet worth up to $250 that can be used to back the winner of the Golden Slipper or any other major race during the 2014 Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival