On Saturday a talented line-up of three-year-olds will take to the mile in Sydney for a shot at the Randwick Guineas 2014 title, a detailed form analysis and betting guide for the feature found below.
This year’s $600,000 Group 1 Royal Randwick Guineas (1600m) features a final field of 15 hopefuls, six of which are under double figures in the latest Ladbrokes.com.au odds.
Current favourite at a quote of $4.20 is El Roca, Trent Busuttin’s Fastnet Rock colt out wide in barrier 14.
Third-up for the season here the promising young stayer won first-up at Rosehill by two lengths before their Group 3 Liverpool City Cup second to Terravista when beaten just a long neck last weekend.
At $6 is then the Murray Baker-trained Group 1 NZ 2000 winner Atlante followed by Victoria’s Dissident ($8) who won the Group 2 Hobartville Stakes (1400m) last start.
Golden Rose third placegetter Bull Point for Gai Waterhouse and the James & Bart Cummings-trained early market mover Eurozone follow on $8.50 with the last of the single figure fancies being Savvy Nature ($9.50) for local trainer John O’Shea.
To help you discover who to back and who to sack in the races, the team have gone over the Randwick Guineas field, form and betting history to come up with the below must know facts and stats.
2014 Randwick Guineas Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Randwick Guineas winner was the Murray Baker-trained It’s A Dundeel who came off a Hobartville Stakes fourth, jumped from barrier two (of 11) and was ridden by James McDonald
- This year Baker is back with two chances saddling up #4 Atlante ($6) and #13 Show The World ($21)
- James McDonald meanwhile will seek back-to-back wins for a jockey aboard #6 Savvy Nature ($9.50)
- Last year’s winning barrier (2) this year belongs to #11 Hooked ($81), the gate having produced four winners in the past 30 years
- The other most successful Randwick Guineas barriers with four winners since 1983 are 4, 11 and 14 which on Saturday belong to #5 Eurozone ($8.50), #9 Woodbine ($13) and #2 El Roca ($4.20) respectively
- Horses coming via this year’s Hobartville Stakes meanwhile are #1 Dissident (1st), #4 Atlante (2nd), #6 Savvy Nature (3rd), #9 Woodbine (4th), #8 Romantic Touch (6th), #10 Koroibete (7th) and #11 Hooked (8th)
- The Hobartville Stakes has been the best form guide for the Randwick Guineas in recent years with 10 of the past 18 winners coming via the Group 2
- It’s A Dundeel (2013) was the third in that time to run a Hobartville fourth before enjoying the step up in distance to take out the Guineas along with Niello and Hotel Grand making #9 Woodbine a nice bet in 2014
- Along with the Peter Moody-trained Dissident ($8) the other last start winners in the race are #13 Show The World (Group 2 The Sound Champion Stakes, 2100m, Ellerslie, NZ, 01/01/2014) and #15 Singing Flame (Maiden, 1600, Hawkesbury, 27/02/2014)
- Horses with winning form over the mile are #4 Atlante (2-2-0-0), #8 Romantic Touch (2-2-0-0), #6 Savvy Nature (2-1-1-0), #13 Show The World (2-1-0-1), #14 Tupac Amaru (1-1-0-0) and #15 Singing Flame (2-1-0-0)
- At Randwick those with the best record are then #5 Eurozone (1-1-0-0), #7 Bull Point (2-1-0-0) and #9 Woodbine (1-1-0-0)
- The highest Win Rate of the field belongs to #9 Woodbine (60%) followed by #2 El Roca (50%), #4 Atlante (50%), #5 Eurozone (50%), #13 Show The World (50%), #10 Koroibete (43%) and #7 Bull Point (38%)
- The best Place Rate then belongs to #13 Show The World (100%) followed by #6 Savvy Nature (89%), #10 Koroibete (86%), #2 El Roca (83%), #4 Atlante (83%), #9 Woodbine (80%), #7 Bull Point (75%), #14 Tupac Amaru (71%) and #1 Dissident (70%)
- Favourites have won four of the past 10 Randwick Guineas; this year the favourite is #2 El Roca ($4.20)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider Randwick Guineas 2014 betting tips to be published shortly.
In the meantime if you’ve already made your selections on the weekend’s major head to Ladbrokes.com.au and lock them in at the guaranteed best prices down under.
Ladbrokes.com.au are also offering money back bonus bets ups to $50 for those punters whose selections run 2nd, 3rd and even 4th in the Randwick Guineas finale this weekend!