The Group 3 Manfred Stakes (1200m) is the feature race at Caulfield this weekend and has drawn a strong field of talented three-year-olds.
The Manfred Stakes has generally been a key lead-up race to the Group 1 Australian Guineas (1600m) and the 2014 edition of the race will be no exception; with a number of Guineas contenders starting their campaign in the Group 3 event.
The current favourite in 2014 Manfred Stakes betting markets is Tony Vasil-trained Prince Harada ($2.90), but there has also been plenty of support for Bull Point ($4.20), Fast ‘N’ Rocking ($4.80) and The Quarterback ($5.50).
Can Prince Harada bounce back for his disappointing 2013 Spring Racing Carnival campaign and claim victory or will another three-year-old can their preparation with a win? Our team of horse racing experts have analysed the form guide and betting statistics to come up with our Manfred Stakes tips.
2014 Manfred Stakes Form Guide Facts And Betting Statistics
- The 2013 Manfred Stakes was won by Peter Moody-trained Royal Haunt who was ridden by Luke Nolen.
- Nolen and Moody will combine in the 2014 edition of the race with the talented Monkstone.
- Hard Stride is the only horse who has previously had a start this preparation in the Manfred Stakes field.
- Fast ‘N’ Rocking, Resistant and Monkstone have previously won at Caulfield.
- Fast ‘N’ Rocking, The Quarterback, Bull Point, Prince Harada, Monkstone and Worth A Ransom have recorded race wins over 1200 metres.
- Fast ‘N’ Rocking is the only horse in the field that has won at Group level.
2014 Manfred Stakes Tips
1st Fast ‘N’ Rocking ($4.80)
Fast ‘N’ Rocking will need a bit of luck from barrier one, but he has a good first-up record and trainer David Hayes believes that he is ready to perform fresh. The son of Fastnet Rock has plenty of speed and will be hitting the line hard; making him excellent value at his current quote of $4.80.
2nd Bull Point ($4.20)
Bull Point is returning to the races for the first time since his memorable third place finish in the 2013 Golden Rose Stakes (1400m) and may need the run under his belt before he finds his best form. The Gai Waterhouse-trained colt will find the line hard and should produce an excellent trial for the Australia Guineas at Flemington on March 1.
3rd Monkstone ($7)
Monkstone showed plenty of natural talent in his maiden racing campaign and trainer Peter Moody has always believed that he would be better as an older horse. He is an excellent each-way bet at his current quote of $7.
Whether you want to back Fast ‘N’ Rocking or any other horse in the Manfred Stakes field you can find the best odds at Ladbrokes.com.au.
Sign-up and deposit at Ladbrokes.com.au this weekend to take advantage of their Caulfield refund offer, which gives punters their money back if their selection finishes second to the starting price favourite in either Group race tomorrow!