Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
In-form Sunshine Coast galloper Divine City has opened favourite to secure their maiden black type win in Saturday’s Just Now Handicap 2013 at Doomben Racecourse.
The Ferocity five-year-old is one of 14 fillies and mares facing off in this year’s $80,000 Listed Coalscan Just Now Handicap (1350m) that runs as Race 5 at 3:00pm (AEST).
Drawn ideally in barrier six with Chris Munce to ride this will be Divine City’s first stakes assignment since their unplaced effort in the Group 3 Vo Rogue Plate (1350m) at the track in December of 2011.
This season they’ve been in top form, bar one run at Eagle Farm in September, having run top three in all five of her other runs since July.
Most recently she was seen crossing just a nose away second behind Rock Academy in a Class 6 over 1300m at Eagle Farm in mid-November when blocked for a run.
They pay $4.60 to improve on that and take out the Just Now Handicap this weekend.
There are then five other hopes under $10 in the latest Just Now Handicap odds with:
- #10 Casino Card ($5.50) – So long as they don’t get caught up early should get the run of the race form barrier one, Les Ross’ Casino Prince four-year-old out to improve on a last start sixth at Eagle Farm, best form looks to be over a mile including a Sunshine Coast Guineas second and Grafton Guineas fourth during the winter but this distance second-up after resuming over 1200m should suit
- #9 Anna Lizzie ($6) – Gold Coast mare coming off sensational form, has won five of her 10 starts including a win at Doomben over the mile on October 19, drops back in distance for this but won over the 1350m here in September so can handle it, just hope it’s not too sharp after 1600m last time out, hasn’t run a place outside of her wins though so either all in or nothing with this one
- #7 Jacquetta ($6.50) – Super consistent Encosta De Lago mare who has run top three in 11 of her 15 starts including five wins, won the Magic Millions Handicap at Eagle Farm in September and after a 10 week fresh-up resumed at Doomben two weeks ago when crossing a long neck away second behind Lady Echelon in the Listed Travel Associates Classic (1200m) in the mud, rain around in Brisbane still so likely to get another soft track here but she handles all ground
- #1 Lady Echelon ($7.50) – Natalie Mccall’s Travel Associates Classic winner after her second black type on the trot, has the 58kg topweight to overcome but in gate three and has speed to get into the right position early, had 55.5kg on her back for her last win which was first-up, improvement to come if she handles the weight rise, another miler just getting warmed up here
- #5 Gold Epona ($7.50) – Kris Lees-trained interstate visitor, this Stratum four-year-old has raced exclusively in Sydney but her 18th start changes that this weekend, has good form at home against some quality types but is down in distance after a 1550m start at Kensington on November 23 where they ran fifth to Solemn
Also in the mix at longer odds are then the likes of David Pfieffer’s Sydney-based Cradle Me ($12) coming off a disappointing run at Eagle Farm and early market mover Miss Leibert ($19) in barrier two as they look to extend their winning streak to three straight after successive 1400m wins at Eagle Farm last month.
The full Just Now Handicap 2013 odds and betting markets are detailed in the table below.
To jump on your favourites in the Doomben clash simply click on their price to bet taken to the markets at Ladbrokes.com.au – our preferred online sportsbook rewarding new depositing players today with a match bonus bet up to $250!
2013 Just Now Handicap Odds
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.