The 2013 Emirates Stakes is the final group 1 event of the 2013 Melbourne Cup Carnival at Flemington tomorrow and, as is tradition, has drawn an extremely strong field; with all fourteen runners a chance to score a victory in the $1 million event.
The majority of the 2013 Emirates Stakes betting support has come from Chris Waller-trained Boban who is chasing the second Group 1 victory of his 2013 Spring Racing Carnival campaign after winning the Epsom Handicap (1600m) at Royal Randwick.
Boban opened at a price of $4.60 but has been a clear market mover and is now into 2013 Emirates Stakes odds of $3.50.
The four-year-old is followed in 2013 Emirates Stakes betting markets by stablemate Sacred Falls ($6), who is chasing his first win since his memorable Doncaster Handicap (1600m) triumph during the 2013 Autumn Racing Carnival, and Crystal Mile winner Toydini ($6.50).
The other horses available at single figure odds are Gai Waterhouse-trained Spurtonic ($7.50) and the consistent Speediness ($9.50) who are both chasing their first ever wins at Group 1 level.
Boban is clearly the horse to beat but is that reflected in the Emirates Stakes form guide facts and historical facts that are found below?
2013 Emirates Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Emirates Stakes winner was Paul Beshara-trained Happy Trails, who ran a last-start 10th in the Cox Plate, jumped from barrier nine and was ridden by Damien Oliver.
- Beshara does not have a runner in the 2013 edition of the race but Oliver will be riding European-trained Mull Of Killough ($51).
- Last year’s winning barrier belongs to David Hayes-trained import Stipulate ($26) who moves into barrier nine after Mouro was scratched from the field.
- The most successful barrier in the Emirates Stakes in the last thirty years is barrier one, which has been drawn by Stradbroke Handicap winner Linton ($26).
- Boban, Toydini, Spurtonic and Smokin’ Joey ($26) are all last start winners.
- Damien Oliver (Mull Of Killough), Dwayne Dunn (Stipulate) and Jason Benbow (Smokin’ Joey) are the only jockeys riding in the 2013 Emirates Stakes who have previously won the race.
- Only two favourites (All Silent and Wall Street) have won the Emirates Stakes in the past decade.
- Two of the past three winners of the Emirates Stakes were backing up from the Cox Plate. Mull Of Killough is the only horse in the Emirates Stakes field that ran in the Cox Plate.
- Speediness and Smokin’ Joey are the only two horses in the field that have previously been successful at Flemington.
- Stipulate , Smokin’ Joey and Strike The Stars are the only three runners in the field that have never won over 1600 metres.
- Sacred Falls (50%) has the best winning percentage in the field from Boban (41%) and Nashville (41%).
- Rhythm To Spare (80%) has the highest place rate in the field from Solzhenitsyn (69%), Stipulate (69%) and Nashville (65%).
You can use these form guide facts to pick the winner of the Emirates Stakes and the best place to back your selection is Ladbrokes.com.au.
Sign-up and deposit at Ladbrokes.com.au tomorrow to receive a free bet worth up to $500 that can be used to back the winner of the Emirates Stakes or any other race this weekend!