Verema will be looking to post her third straight win when she runs in the 2013 Melbourne Cup at Flemington tomorrow.
The four-year-old mare won the Group 2 Prix Maurice De Nieuil over 2,800 metres two starts back, before claiming another win in the Group 2 Prix Kergorlayin France over 3,000 metres last run.
Verema has won four of her 12 starts in total and the lightly raced mare has earned more than $436,000 in prize money during her career.
The Barathea mare is trained by Alain de Royer Dupre, who won the 2010 Melbourne Cup with Americain.
Verema is paying odds of $26 with Double The Odds at Ladbrokes.com.au to win the 2013 Melbourne Cup.
Make sure you open an account with our favourite online bookmaker Ladbrokes.com.au in time tomorrow’s $6 million race.
Join now to secure a bonus bet worth up to $500 just by entering signing up today.
Not only that, Ladbrokes.com.au is offering Double The Odds on the Melbourne Cup.
Ladbrokes.com.au is where you will find all of the best horse racing odds this spring, including an unbelievable Double The Odds on tomorrow’s Cup.
#21 Verema – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 3
- Jockey: Christophe Lemaire
- Trainer: Alain de Royer Dupre
- Owners: His Highness The Aga Khan
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Barathea out of Vermentina
- Career: 12:4-2-1
- Last 6: 32511x
- Prize Money: $436,565
- Track: 0:0-0-0
- Distance: 1:0-0-1
- Current 2013 Melbourne Cup Odds: $62 with Double The Odds
Why Verema Can Win The 2013 Melbourne Cup
- She has drawn the perfect barrier of three for the race.
- The mare is in winning form and has won over 3,000 metres on two occasions and placed over two miles.
Why Verema Can’t Win The 2013 Melbourne Cup
- It will be her first Australian run in the 2013 Melbourne Cup.