After winning the Caulfield Cup last start, Fawkner will be hoping to back up that performance with a victory in the Group 1 Melbourne Cup tomorrow November 5, 2013.
Fawkner won the $2.65 million Caulfield Cup in dominant fashion last start ahead of fellow Melbourne Cup runners Dandino and Dear Demi.
The six-year-old will be making his first appearance in a Melbourne Cup and is currently paying odds of $32 with Ladbrokes.com.au’s Double The Odds.
Fawkner has won nine of his 20 race starts and has earned more than $2.4 million in prize money.
The Reset gelding is one of six runners for trainer Robert Hickmott and Team Williams.
Make sure you open an account with our favourite online bookmaker Ladbrokes.com.au in time for the 2013 Melbourne Cup.
Join now to secure a bonus bet worth up to $500 just by entering signing up today.
Ladbrokes.com.au is where you will find all of the best horse racing odds this spring, especially when it comes to the 2013 Melbourne Cup.
So join now and start receiving the premium betting experience today!
#10 Fawkner – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 8
- Jockey: Nicholas Hall
- Trainer: Robert Hickmott
- Owners: N C Williams, Mr & Mrs L J Williams
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Reset out of Dane Belltar
- Career: 9:5-2-1
- Last 6:
- Prize Money: $2,420,751
- Track: 9:5-2-1
- Distance: 0:0-0-0
- Current 2013 Melbourne Cup Odds: $32 with Double The Odds
Why Fawkner Can Win The 2013 Melbourne Cup
- She has drawn the perfect barrier of three for the race.
- The mare is in winning form and has won over 3,000 metres on two occasions and placed over two miles.
Why Fawkner Can’t Win The 2013 Melbourne Cup
- It will be her first Australian run in the 2013 Melbourne Cup.