The Melbourne Cup will run at Flemington Racecourse tomorrow November 5, 2013, and Brown Panther will be having his first Australian race start in the $6 million event.
Brown Panther has travelled from Europe for the first time to contest the 2013 Melbourne Cup.
Having drawn ideally in barrier six for the race, there is one less obstacle for Brown Panther as he attempts to win his first Group 1 race in spectacular fashion.
Brown Panther has saluted in seven of his 17 race starts and has earned more than $486,000 in prize money.
The Tom Dascombe-trained galloper is currently paying odds of $38 with Double The Odds at Ladbrokes.com.au.
Open an account with our most trusted online bookmaker Ladbrokes.com.au today is order to receive their Double The Odds dividends on the 2013 Melbourne Cup.
You could also receive a bonus bet worth up to $500 when you join Ladbrokes.com.au today. With the ability to split the bonus into as many as four separate wagers, the opportunities are endless this Melbourne Cup Carnival.
So sign up today and start betting on the 2013 Melbourne Cup today!
#5 Brown Panther – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 6
- Jockey: Richard Kingscote
- Trainer: Tom Dascombe
- Owners: Mr A Black & Owen Promotions Limited
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Shirocco out of Treble Heights
- Career: 17:7-3-1
- Last 6:
- Prize Money: $486,315
- Track: 0:0-0-0
- Distance: 1:1-0-0
- Current 2013 Melbourne Cup Odds: $38 with Double The Odds
Why Brown Panther Can Win The 2013 Melbourne Cup
- He has won his only previous attempt at the distance in the Group 2 Goodwood Cup in England, which he won by three and a half lengths.
- He has drawn the perfect barrier of six for the Melbourne Cup.
Why Brown Panther Can’t Win The 2013 Melbourne Cup
- Brown Panther has never before been tested at the track or has a previous Australian race start.