Dunaden will start as the top weight in the 2013 Melbourne Cup field this Tuesday November 5, and will carry 58.5 kilograms.
The eight-year-old has won 10 of his 41 race starts and has earned more than $7.66 million in prize money.
Dunaden will be going into the Melbourne Cup without a previous Australian run for the first time in his three attempts at the two mile race.
Trainer Mikel Delzangles is hoping that the Nicobar entire can overcome his top weight with fresh feet in the 2013 Melbourne Cup.
Dunaden is currently paying odds of $82 with Ladbrokes.com.au’ Double The Odds.
His most recent start resulted in an eighth placing in the Group 2 Prix Foy at France’s Longchamp Racecourse on September 15, 2013.
Ladbrokes.com.au are giving away a bonus bet worth up to $500 for a limited time only to new customers who join today as part of their welcome offer.
So sign up and take advantage of this special Bonus Bet offer and Double The Odds today!
#1 Dunaden – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 1
- Jockey: Jamie Spencer
- Trainer: Mikel Delzangles
- Owners: Pearl Bloodstock Ltd (Mgr: D Redvers)
- Age: 8YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Nicobar out of La Marlia
- Career: 41:10-11-8
- Prize Money: $7,663,406
- Track: 2:1-0-0
- Distance: 2:1-0-0
- Current 2013 Melbourne Cup Odds: $82 with Double The Odds
Why Dunaden Can Win The 2013 Melbourne Cup
- He has won the Melbourne Cup before and will no doubt get the distance
Why Dunaden Can’t Win The 2013 Melbourne Cup
- He will carry the biggest weight of 58.5 kilograms, which is four more kilos than he carried to win two years ago.