Green Moon will be out to claim back to back wins of the Melbourne Cup when he lines up for the race this Tuesday November 5, 2013.
The seven-year-old entire will be looking to put an end to his winless year, with his last victory coming in last year’s Cup.
Green Moon’s last run was in the Group 1 Cox Plate, where he placed ninth of 14 runners behind Shamus Award.
The Montjeu entire has won seven of his 25 races in total and has earned more than $5 million in prize money.
Would you like to receive a bonus bet worth up the $500 to spend on the 2013 spring racing carnival?
Just deposit between $25 and $500 into your new account to be eligible for a 100% bonus bet on your initial deposit at Ladbrokes.com.au.
This bonus can be used on any other race you choose, including those that are run as part of the spring racing carnival.
So sign up to Ladbrokes.com.au now and start winning.
#2 Green Moon – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 10
- Jockey: Brett Prebble
- Trainer: Robert Hickmott
- Owners: N C Williams, Mr & Mrs L J Williams
- Age: 7YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Montjeu out of Green Noon
- Career: 25:7-3-0
- Last 6: 44×599
- Prize Money: $5,061,346
- Track: 7:3-1-0
- Distance: 1:1-0-0
- Current 2013 Melbourne Cup Odds: $68 with Double The Odds
Why Green Moon Can Win The 2013 Melbourne Cup
- He won last year’s race and will once again partner with jockey Brett Prebble in this year’s race.
- He has drawn well in barrier 10 for the 2013 Melbourne Cup.
Why Green Moon Can’t Win The 2013 Melbourne Cup
- He will carry 57.5 kilograms in this year’s Melbourne Cup, which is four more kilos than he carried to victory last year.
- He hasn’t been in winning form of late.